The XML Publishing Manager will take the lead on how the organisation uses XML to produce outputs across web and print and acts as the link between content specialists and digital.
An established Public Sector and Government organisation based in Central London.
The XML Publishing Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Taking the lead on all activity within the XML publishing unit
- Drive developments to refine the XML publishing process including developing new products
- Making suggestions to improve workflows, including developing new templates.
- Act as a essential link between content specialists and technical publishing team.
The successful XML Publishing Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience working within a publishing unit
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Essential understanding of publishing technologies and tools; HTML, XML, Python, CSS, InDesign
- Proven track record of working with XML technology in a creative design setting (E.g. Long Form text documents and online/print (PDF) publications.
- Confidence to take ownership of XML publishing practices within the team to increase effectiveness of publishing team.
*NOTE* This role is not a technical data role or working on back end, it is a role focussed on publishing and publications, underpinned by elements of working within XML on a technical basis.
The successful XML Publishing Manager will be offered a full time, permanent contract paying up to £43,000 per annum.