A FTSE 20 organisation at the heart of the UK energy industry is looking for a talented and experienced Website Manager to be based in their London or Warwick offices. The role will sit in the Group Brand & Digital team and will be responsible for managing the website and its continued improvement.
- Work as part of the Group Digital team on the development and delivery of the digital strategy
- Manage the website, creating the new website and leading its continuous development to meet the needs of a wide variety of external visitors and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the homepage and news modules on the website publish a steady stream of topical and engaging content
- Ensure content is easy to find and navigate, and search engine optimised
- Lead and manage Pay Per Click campaigns and ensure new tools and features are regularly deployed on the site
- Work closely with the Content Manager to ensure a content strategy is developed for the corporate website and that needs are identified and clearly briefed into the Content Team
- Create a joined up, engaging and accessible experience for visitors working with stakeholders on new website sections including Careers, Investors and Media
- Create the policies and guidelines for the website and regularly audit the channel to ensure policies are complied with and content is relevant and up to date
- Act as an internal advisor for stakeholders
- Respond and react quickly, provide data to analyse the effectiveness of nationalgrid.com monitor reputation real-time and measure the impact of campaigns
- Ensure all online communication initiatives and their execution across the business are aligned with Group branding and guidelines
- Proactively manage projects, both directly through the Brand & Digital team, and indirectly through outsourced suppliers/agencies
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW
Experience and Knowledge requirements:
- Strong understanding of social media and experienced in using corporate websites to engage external audiences
- Experience of managing key complex business issues and demonstrable project management experience with minimum guidance and shifting objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing coordinated communications campaigns in a matrix organisation
- Strong communicator with excellent writing abilities.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to assist in the development of key business/policy decisions.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to internal and external audiences. Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response.
- Understanding and experience of coordinated strategic communications.
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team.
- Good level of networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with a range of stakeholders at senior levels internally.
- Proven work experience as a social media manager.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to influence senior leaders, gain credibility quickly, inspire trust and confidence in delivery and counsel.
- A collaborative person able to quickly build effective partnerships with others around the business and a strong team culture within a matrixed organization.
- Strategic thinking combined with excellence in tactical implementation, highly motivated and organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- Results orientated, consistently managing timely delivery in a challenging environment: dealing with rapid change and ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker with ability to contribute to key decisions and advise others by interpreting internal and external influences and changes.
- Able to manage and prioritise complex, competing communication issues – maintaining high standards and alignment with business strategy at pace.
- Strong in-person and written communicator.
- Able to work under pressure and to turn complex, technical information into compelling communications.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills; comfortable with ambiguity and incomplete information.
- Ability to build and maintain decision-making internal relationships at senior levels in the business.
- A desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in international teams in order to achieve the function’s mission by working together
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.