Web Editor Responsibilities:
- Supervise the publishing of content on to the website, ensuring it is effective, on brand and meeting the expectation of the stakeholder.
- You will train other staff members on how to upload content to the website, ensuring content remains consistent to brand guidlines across the site.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure the digital team is meeting their requirements.
- Edit copy for the website to make sure it is appropriate and engaging for specific user groups, delivers appropriate key messages and calls to actions and increases conversions.
- Be the UX lead in the organisation, identifying issues and solving them in conjunction with the Digital Content Strategist.
- Provide 'how to write for web' training to non-digital staff and train them on the Drupal CMS
- Provide support on website analytics reporting.
Web Editor Skills/Experience:
- A demonstrable passion for websites
- Significant experience of editing websites copywriting, ideally for a professional body or equivalent organisation.
- Experience publishing content through a CMS (Drupal would be a bonus)
- A good understanding of UX principals and using data to improve UX
- Experience of using Photoshop and finding good images for technical copy
- Experience of working with data applications, especially Google Analytics.
- Understanding of SEO and optimising content for search engines.
- Significant experience of editing a wide variety of content, with some experience of writing headlines intended to increase engagement.