About The Business:
- PHP Web Developer
- £35,000 to £45,000
- Company Benefits
- Gloucestershire, West Oxfordshire, Avon
We are working for a fast growing digital & marketing communications agency based near the beautiful Cotswolds. They work with a blend of blue-chip clients through to high growth and innovative SME businesses on a national basis.
This is an award-winning business that are going places. With a well-established marketing and comms team, they are now growing their digital design and build offering. An innovative & experienced Head of Digital was recently hired to head up this growing function and they are now looking to add to the dev team by recruiting a mid-senior Web Developer to help lead the development function.
There is a great, friendly & social culture here and in my experience and opinion a real opportunity to break away from the usual agencies to join a real innovative business!
About The Opportunity:
Working with 2 Jnr-Mid weight developer, you will lead the development function alongside the head of Digital & design team on a number of digital and web-based projects. This is a BACK-END Development role and would suit someone looking to grow their leadership experience who is bored of the norm!
- – Working closely with development and design teams on a variety of digital projects including responsive website builds, mobile builds and campaign sites
- – Working in WordPress and similar PHP based CMS platforms
- – Building and/or integrating with APIs
- – Developing HTML email templates for campaigns
- – Scoping project requirements and supporting the new business development team with new business pitches
- – Take responsibility for high quality code quality while agreeing on deadlines for delivery.
- - 50% is hands on development - all back end! 50% leading projects, Sprints and the junior members of the team!
- - Huge opportunity to become Tech Team Lead for the business!
Key Skills and Technical Experience include:
- – Strong knowledge of PHP7 and object-oriented programming
- – Solid grasp of HTML5 and SCSS
- – Good grasp of git, git flow, and command line tools
- – MySQL or equivalent structured query language
- – Wordpress development experience
- – Knowledge of Apache or nginx administration
- – Grasp of PHP xdebug and performance management
- – Mobile-first development practice
- - Understanding of Agile principles and Scrum
Get in touch for more info! 01494 360360 / email@example.com
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales, marketing and digital recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 360360 – we look forward to being in touch.