UX Manager, St Albans -
Do you have a passion for bringing users to the heart of design decision making? Is your desire to understand users' needs infectious? We have a fantastic opportunity for a UX Manager to lead UX across two dynamic brands and develop their new UX team. They've got two UX Designers eager to grow their skills and learn how to apply user centred design principles across these two brands:
reallymoving: The UK's leading online provider of quotes for home moving services, with over 2 million registered users. Each year 1 in 5 people who move to a new house use their services to simplify their house move and save money. They work with a UK-wide network of partners, which represents approximately £200 million worth of work for them per annum.
The Law Superstore: The UK's first comparison website for legal services. They're aiming to make it easy to find and compare legal services for services as diverse as making a will to getting a divorce. This represents a unique UX challenge with so many different services whose users have different needs.
As UX Manager, you will report to the CTO and be directly responsible for:
- Championing the user experience requirements across the business, developing a deep understanding of who the customer is and what they want out of their interaction with reallymoving or The Law Superstore
- Lead the UX team, mentoring and inspiring the junior UX team members to stretch themselves and learn about the needs of the users
- Work in cross functional teams with developers, analysts, marketing and the leadership team to create successful solutions to drive the business towards its goals
This will be a hands-on role, so you will also be involved directly in the UX process:
- Conducting user-centred research, focused on user interviews, usability testing and usage analysis
- Evaluating the usability of current products and features, providing suggestions for change
- Creating prototypes for moderated in-person & unmoderated remote usability testing
- Making iterative design changes based on UX best practices and customer feedback
- Effectively communicating design processes, ideas and solutions to stakeholders
- Delivering annotated wireframes, specs and supporting documentation for development
- Degree in an associated field: HCI, Ergonomics, Psychology, Graphic / Product Design, or graduate from a General Assembly / other related design course
- Commercial experience of UI/UX design
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- A passion for UX and a thirst to improve your knowledge & skillset
- Excellent knowledge of UCD principles
What they can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free book allowance for work-relevant publications
- Individual training budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free loans for travel season ticket or parking available
- Birthday cake!
- To be surrounded by brilliant, talented & fun people in a growing business
- An opportunity to work with a growing brand on two products, both with ambitious roadmaps
- Working in a great local in central St. Albans, bang in the middle of all the shops, restaurants & bars
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period. Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge and agree that your CV will be forwarded to the relevant employer as a matter of course, without further reference to you. The employer may then contact you in their sole discretion.
Search Brand Recruitment on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all of our latest jobs.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern Region. If you have not heard back from us within seven days, please assume that your application has not been successful.