Our client is a Global player in drinks. They are looking for an experienced Consumer Insights Manager to join their well established and high performing UK team, driving strategic change and ensuring excellent in market execution. Based North Home Counties.
About the Role
As part of the wider Consumer Insights team and reporting into a Senior Consumer Insight Manager, this is a UK focused role, working across a portfolio of well-loved brands.
You would be partnering with the Marketing team delivering outstanding market, shopper and consumer insights which will drive business decision making.
The role is weighted towards working with agencies and building stories using continuous data but will involve a good element of bespoke and ad hoc research. So, this would most likely suit you if you are a continuous data expert looking to get some exposure to ad hoc research.
- Strategic thought partner to the marketing team and wider business- putting the voice of the consumer at the heart of all key business decisions
- Develop the yearly operational plan and 3 year strategic plans, based on consumer and shopper insight which are aligned to market opportunities and are targeted to the key growth areas and opportunities.
- Define the insight gaps and research needs and be a key driver to ensure that all key learnings from research are communicated clearly to the wider business with clear implications, so that they can be acted upon by the business
- Guide product and packaging innovation development using best in class methodologies and agencies.
- Ensure that all communication is optimised through consumer feedback (idea refinement, pre-testing, tracking and evaluation)
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Lead on key strategic insight workstreams or initiatives (i.e.: develop best in class research protocols for packaging research)
- Passion for and experience in consumer insights - strong knowledge of consumers and brands – and used to being the objective voice of the consumer.
- The ability to get to the root of a problem quickly and provide solutions with speed and creativity
- Confident and commercial – you must have gravitas to work with senior stakeholders and business partners, gaining clarity where required on their business, but also can push back and challenge when appropriate.
- A self-starter, happy to work independently when required, in a fast-paced environment
- Brilliant multitasker and project manager – excellent prioritisation skills.
You must to have the following experience
- Strong experience working with core continuous insights tools (Kantar, Nielsen, IRI, CGA) – ideally you will have spent some time working at a continuous agency
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience working on FMCG brands (working with UK retailers)
- The ability to make clear recommendations based on consumer insight
- Effective communication skills to be able to inspire others into action
- A strong influencer – good relationship skills
- Ideally, an understanding and use of key ad-hoc research techniques
About our client
Our client has a great portfolio of leading brands across multiple markets, many in #1 or leading market positions.
The company loves to stretch themselves and bring fresh perspectives that will challenge the conventional way of doing things. It makes this an inspiring environment, but not an intimidating one. You will have access to a whole host of training and development programmes.
Our client also understands the importance of having a good work-life balance and offers flexible working practices. If you are passionate about consumers and FMCG brands and love being the voice of the consumer, this should tick all the boxes for you.
Come and join a team of diverse, forward-thinking people who constantly strive to deliver beyond expectations.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily**