Trading Manager – Retail – Greater Manchester – Up to £35,000
Is eCommerce your calling? This Trading Manager role is an exciting opportunity to thrive in this growing, Greater Manchester company.
Our client’s key focus is making a difference in order to positively impact their customers' lives - manufacturing high quality, premium grade products using the latest technology and innovations within the industry. This brand is continuously expanding its product and brand portfolio, which is one of the many exciting reasons why this company may be the place to take a step forward in your career – including added benefits, such as the potential to work flexible hours and plenty of room for progression!
As the Trading Manager, you will play an extremely important role within the eCommerce and Digital Team, overseeing the day to day management of a high-revenue brand. With the customers are the heart of everything we do – you will ensure the shopper experience is flawless across all aspects of digital. This role is also responsible for the management and measuring of the site KPI’s and consistent growth. Market awareness is vital in this role to ensure marketing activity is aligned with consistent industry technology and eCommerce trends to stay on top of competitors.
Are your trading skills up to scratch? Find out below!
Trading Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop new, exciting ways to improve traffic from existing channels, as well as identify new ways to drive traffic to the site
- Monitor site metrics and analytics e.g. Conversion and Bounce Rate, AOV, Exit Rates, Traffic etc. and use this to develop a strong understanding of the customer journey to optimise ROI, develop strategies and measure performance
- Wide knowledge of finance and financial processes including EBITDA, margin and P&L charts
- Ensure the website content is up to with correct offers, merchandising, banners, new products, and updated category pages, as well as daily site reporting and the ability to lead a team
- Work towards targets and budgets to reach company KPI’s
- Working with other teams e.g. Marketing, Design, and Sales to develop well-rounded strategies and campaigns to deliver the best user experience
- Analyse online and offline activity to make sure POS is mirrored across all platforms, performing regular product and pricing analysis of competitors
- Organising launch dates and other site amendments to ensure the smooth delivery of new products or marketing – as well as liaising closely internal and external stakeholders to meet all needs
Trading Manager Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level with a 2:1 or above, or proven experience in a professional environment in a similar role
- Experience within a fast-paced, developing environment and previous knowledge of managing a team
- An ambitious and motivated individual who is excited by the prospect of responsibility and career growth
- The ability to innovate – experience with a start-up is a big plus
- Capable of managing budgets, trading calendars, sales forecasts and marketing channel traffic outlines
- Strong communication and organisation abilities – exceptional time management and problem-solving skills are key