Reporting directly to the Digital Director, the Test Manager will be responsible for leading a team with testing a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
You will likely be a good all-rounder, with excellent interpersonal skills to lead teams and also the desire and know-how to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into tasks.
The experience we need:
- ISTQB certified.
- Demonstrable experience testing a wide range of websites, with a sound understanding of test processes.
- Test management experience and proven delivery track record.
- Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
- Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow-based systems.
- Good understanding of HTML and using browser developer tools to diagnose issues.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience of both manual and automated testing and ability to create test scripts using Selenium.
- Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience of testing Drupal applications.
- ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
- Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
- Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
- Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
A varied role, working with diverse clients and projects - below are just some of the tasks that your typical day will be filled with:
- Involved from requirements analysis to UAT of all the stages of the SDLC.
- Managing, training and mentoring the testing team.
- Preparing and reviewing test strategies and generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
- Collaborating across the testing and development functions to seek ways to implement solid automation strategies and QA approaches.
- Delegating, coordinating and monitoring testing during the development phase.
- Improving the in-house quality-testing processes.
What you’ll get in return
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting extra-curricular skills (e.g the team are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Regular employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Business development and recruitment finder’s fees.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.