You'll be happy still doing some coding, but you'll also play a crucial role in leading and nurturing the team of developers and dev ops, conducting code reviews, speccing out new projects and overseeing architecture and quality of all development work. There are some pretty complex and varied problems to solve for their clients here too so it's very exciting indeed.
The experience we need
- GraphQL, PostgreSQL, RESTFUL APIs
- Experience designing and building complex web applications
- Strong code review skills
- Proven track record mentoring or line managing other developers and nurturing teams to help them grow
- Experience working for a tech or digital agency would be an advantage but isn't essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Tech Lead, Lead Developer, Technical Director or similar person to join a thriving digital and tech agency and take the reigns from the existing Technical Director who is stepping into a more operational role. You'll inherit a happy and talented team consisting of two developers and a dev ops, whilst also managing third party developers/freelance resources.
You'll get to head up the dev team and help them take things to the next level, and you'll work on an array of unique and exciting projects for big brand clients. You'll be able to innovate and shape the team and, to some degree, the agency's technical offering too.
Very well established and highly respected, they're great at solving complex problems in creative ways using technology and they work with some really big name clients. You'll be given a personal development budget and all the support you need in order to succeed in the role. They take their work seriously, but they have lots of fun along the way too. The working environment is relaxed and friendly, and they have pretty flexible working arrangements too although this is a leadership role and as such you'll need to spend time getting to know your team and nurturing them.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary in the region of £55k-£65k basic plus benefits
- The chance to be a key part of a successful business that's going places
- Excellent career progression
- Really exciting and complex projects to work on and lots of variety
- A great working environment in the heart of Bristol, with lots of other good stuff going on around you