Are you a bright, creative senior planner? Do you have a passion for marketing effectiveness and a deep understanding of modern marketing techniques needed to help drive client campaigns at a global level? Are you comfortable standing by your convictions and can convince others of the merits of your approach?
If this sounds like you, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a leading international B2B marketing agency based in central London.
My client is looking for a senior strategic planner to join their team. This will be the first appointment of a strategic planner in the London office so you will be instrumental in bedding in the function and building out the team in the future.
The role will play a pivotal part in agency life and will be seen as an essential function enabling the team to provide creative solutions to their clients problems.
Strategic Planner key deliverables
- Challenge the client brief to identify critical information gaps and opportunities
- Play an instrumental role in coordinating the response to the client’s brief with the wider team(s) at the right stage of the campaign planning process, and be the owner of that marketing response back to the client
- Work with client services and the client to establish ROI and funnel metrics
- Apply market, audience and channel insight to deliver robust major programme plans that are highly effective and deliver desired outcomes
- Work with client and creative teams to ensure a high quality, creative yet structured campaign plan is presented to the clients
- Support the creative briefing process by supplying relevant insight, and be the proposition ‘go-to’ throughout the creative development phase
- Own and drive proposition development: mapping client propositions against market/ industry trends and opportunities. Collaborate with creative team in articulating proposed positioning and justifying any out-of-brief suggestions
Strategic planner skills & experience required
- Strong understanding of complex B2B Sales and Marketing
- Extensive digital planning experience
- Experience of articulating and convincing others of the power of marketing strategy and planning and its contribution to return on marketing investment
- Strong understanding of the broader marketing discipline – able to work within an integrated environment
- Experience of articulating and presenting rationales for campaign programmes; experience in running client facing workshops
Strategic planner behaviours required
- Consultative and collaborative: able to work with and through people to deliver high quality outcomes
- Flexible approach to client needs
- Persuasive in justifying the merits of an approach
- Clear communicator whose passion shines through
- Curious – an interest in the world at large as well as the individual
- Strategic and visionary mind and ability to order and communicate thoughts
- Robust understanding of established and emerging marketing technologies and channels, and when to put them to good use
- A team player
Sound like a good match, then get in touch to learn more.