My client is a global corporation with businesses across multiple sectors. With a growing portfolio of sports brands they are looking for their first Group level Sports PR Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Sports or Sports sponsorship PR but also solid experience dealing with corporate issues and reputation. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the narrative around the sports business and tell their story across digital and traditional channels.
- Develop communications strategy for all sporting activities ensuring they align with Group corporate communications
- Shape, grow and protect the organisation’s sporting profile with opinion formers, media, general public and a business audience
- Raise profile of senior leaders and athletes with relevant media
- Manage announcements of new acquisitions
- Create a robust crisis communications plan and ensure management of long terms issues
- Develop social media strategy to promote the brand through sport
- Must have experience in sports PR combined with corporate comms
- Ability to work autonomously and in a fast-faced and rapidly changing environment
- Must be an excellent leader with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Have demonstrable digital communications experience
- Great communications and influencing skills – must be able to network themselves quickly into a complex business
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.