Exciting 'consultative-sell' Sponsorship Executive role generating sponsorship for the varied event programme run by this leading professional membership body, focussing on ground-breaking areas of innovation and development.
The organisation is a world-leading professional body with a membership of over 100,000, whose members work in ground breaking areas from Formula One, to aerospace, sustainable energy, and cutting-edge medical technology. Revenue raised from their innovative events programmes goes to fund further development of cutting edge technological developments, with global impact.
Working in the Sponsorship team of two, you'll be responsible for generating revenue and driving commercial development of the events programme through developing relationships with key clients, and pitching and contracting innovative sponsorship and exhibition deals with relevant organisations within the sector. The role is a mix of new business development, and key account management - it's definitely a consultative sell - to secure sponsorship for a portfolio of technical b2b events (conferences, competitions, webinars, dinners, lunches, semiars etc. The organsiation's 'brand' is prestigious, reputable and well known - and your target audience are sector related businesses, many involved with ground breaking technology.
You'll have a background in sales (ideally sponsorship sales), and ideally within a related commercial events field - eg technology, built environment, automotive, sciences, power, engineering etc. As you will be expected to hit sales targets by securing revenue from both existing and new clients, you'll need to have strong key account management skills in order to maximise spend from a solid, existing client base, including key decision-makers at some of the biggest organisations in the industry, as well as an ability to drive new business revenue through developing new relationships and innovating across the sponsorship offering. A pro-active relationship builder, with a solid sales track record, and an intellectual curiosity and interest in your client's businesses and their innovations.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A sponsorship sales background within commercial events
- A full range of developed sales skills, including face-to-face experience and the ability to influence and sell to senior decision makers
- Experience of developing high value, bespoke and creative sponsorship solutions
- An ability to quickly understand complex topics across a range of industries, to be able to credibly and in a consultative manner, to senior client-side decision makers
- Attention to detail and the ability to work across multiple events concurrently
- Experience working within more technical sectors, where innovation is a driving force, would be advantageous.
- Pro-active, motivated, ambitious
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your sales skills, relationship building aptitude, enquiring mind and sponsorship knowledge to this prestigious professional body - a real career opportunity! Click 'Apply' now to send us your details if you're looking for a great next step within event sponsorship!