The Company: Established for 40 years, this family business is a well-known distributor of brands to the professional hair salons network. With circa 30 trade stores as well as training academies across the UK, they have a brand-new opening for a Social Media Manager to help them to engage and grow their customer base.
The Role: If you are a creative social media manager with entrepreneurial flair and loads of ideas to engage and promote a business and the brands that they distribute, then this will be the perfect role for you! Ideally with an interest in fashion and beauty, you will have experience of creating a social media strategy, content plans, competitions and promotions as well as experience of working with other brands and suppliers on partnership marketing activity across social media channels. You will also be comfortable in front of a camera as well as shooting live social activity and video content.
- Creation of social media strategy and content plans and tone of voice for the business
- Develop relationships with brands, sales teams, trade marketing, creative team, product etc.
- Grow the engagement and followers for main brand social media as well as creating separate accounts for UK stores and the field sales teams; provide content that can be used to ensure consistency of message
- Develop and deliver seasonal campaigns, competitions, product launch promotions, video content, blog content etc.
- Manage community and respond to questions and comments
- Work on organic and paid content
- Responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting on engagement and performance
- Grow network of influencers and industry professionals
- Use scheduling software and editing software for photography and video content
The Candidate: To be considered for this position of Social Media Manager, you must be able to demonstrate previous success in a similar role where you have grown brand awareness and engagement through social media activity. Hungry for a challenge, you will have the creative strategic background as well as the desire to still be hands on with delivery and be the company's expert on social media. Ideally with some video and photography experience as well, but this is secondary to the social media knowledge. This is a role that will be based in the office five days per week unless travelling to other sites. You must have worked in a B2C business and ideally retail, fashion, beauty.
As well as the salary of £35,000 - £40,000 the benefits which accompany the role are as follows; holiday, pension, bonus, product discount, free parking.
This Social Media Manager role is commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Edgbaston, Leamington Spa, Perry Barr, Sutton Coldfield, Coventry
Social Media Manager, Birmingham, £35,000 - £40,000