My client is a full service agency in Bristol and due to a significant account win the PR & Social team is seeking an experienced and ambitious Social Media Director to head up its fast-paced and growing social team.
They are looking for a dynamic team player with creative flair, with an ability to manage clients, the account teams, and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude.
What you’ll do
As a Social Media Director, you’ll be taking responsibility for all elements of the smooth running of accounts. You will:
- Be responsible for leading the development of a portfolio of social media clients, driving client revenues, motivating and inspiring a brilliant team and delivering strong creative and social campaigns for clients
- Be responsible for always ensuring accurate cost estimates, formal budgets, and target margins are met, providing sound forecasting along the way
- Be the key point of contact for the client/account team and driving the day to day business forward
- Grow revenue by developing and recommending accountable, successful and innovative social media strategies and take responsibility for campaign implementation across the team
- Keeping the client up to date with developments in social media
- Most importantly, we ask you to take responsibility for yours and your team’s learning and career development by participating in learning events, undertaking self-learning and positively contributing to your performance management requirements. You will be expected to lead, motivate, recruit, induct, develop, retain and appraise your team.
- Be able to hit the ground running as part of a highly motivated successful team and be prepared to get stuck in
What you need
- A social media expert with the ability to operate in both B2B and B2C environments with deep platform and marketplace knowledge
- Excellent client liaison, budgetary management, copy writing, and social media expertise is a given.
- Demonstrable experience of creating campaigns that deliver outstanding results for clients is a must. Experience of crisis and issues management is also desirable.
- A clear understanding of how data, content and technology work together to provide a fully integrated approach
- Extensive experience of delivering ‘pay to play’ campaigns across a range of platforms
- Understand and provide holistic strategic view on how social channels perform together, with a working knowledge of PPC, SEO, Programmatic, Social, eCRM and Affiliate channels and understand the relationship between brand and acquisition elements of a client’s media activity
- An entrepreneurial streak with experience of pitching and winning new business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A proactive “can-do” attitude