Social Media and Content Manager
Are you a talented content professional with a mix of managerial, editorial and paid social experience?
This digital publisher is a global business with offices in the UK, USA and Europe. The role will be based in their Bristol office amongst a team of in-house editorial staff. It is a brand new and exciting opportunity which calls for a multi-skilled and data orientated content professional. This will be a hands-on, hybrid role which encompasses editorial as well as promotional duties as it connects the company's audience development and editorial teams. Additionally, the position has a small team of direct reports to manage.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with the right mix of analytic and creative thinking - knowing the best way to angle a story so that millions want to click on it! This role will focus on one of their main sites mainly aimed at the US market.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Role - The focus of the role is to build and manage a team responsible for increasing the 'clickability' of the businesses creative content - this encompasses editing titles and images to deliver exceptional results for one of the fastest-growing digital publishers on the internet.
- Management - As an excellent manager, you will have the ability to deliver timely and effective feedback to drive standards and produce fantastic results. You will have one full-time direct report and 2-4 part-time / freelance headline editors to manage.
- Writing and Editing - Your keen eye for detail and the ability to come up with attention-grabbing and clickable titles will be of paramount importance in this role.
- Analysis and Performance - Excellent analytic skills with the ability to learn from top-performing campaigns and use these insights to shape future creative direction. Also having the ability to build and optimise a robust feedback loop, collecting data to deliver presentations on which creatives are most effective in achieving high CTRs (Click-Through Rates). Understanding the best way to advertise and drive content which is both organic and paid.
- Image Sourcing - Having knowledge of image editing software and the ability to find eye-catching and engaging images from various sources around the web.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in online publishing and a flair for viral content.
- Ability to build and manage Google spreadsheets to track progress and ensure targets are hit.
- Having a strong understanding of industry best practice, with a proven track record of optimising work-flow processes.
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to liaise effectively with both in-house and freelance staff members.
- First-rate planning and projecting skills - with the ability to make sound decisions and allocate resource effectively.
- Organisation - highly organised with the ability to handle multiple deadlines while maintaining a consistently high level of performance.
- Pace - a proactive and self-motivated individual. You're the kind of person who likes to make things happen and gets things done!
- Time - You're productive and work fast, as well as being meticulous with a good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- Keeping up to date - You're passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content in particular.
- Team & Feedback - Great interpersonal skills, happy working within a team environment, giving and receiving constructive feedback.
If you are ready to work at a fast-paced, cutting edge, digital publishing company and have a flair for viral content then be sure to apply today!