A well-established educational institution is looking for an experienced Social Media & Communications Officer to join their marketing team in Redhill, Surrey.
Reporting directly in to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will be an instrumental force in increasing the institution's brand presence through use of their website and social media platforms; measuring and reporting on campaign outcomes.
Responsibilities of the Social Media & Communications Officer
- Drafting, preparing, executing and analysing social media campaigns across all of the institution's social media channels thereby raising their profile and increasing their competitiveness.
- Writing and updating website copy using their bespoke CMS.
- Assessing and optimising the search engine position to drive exposure.
- Photographing key events, writing news copy and selecting illustrations for publications.
- Providing the Marketing team with content for use across press releases, news articles and corporate collateral.
- Providing analysis of social trends, keeping in line with developments in technology and communication channels; ensure the institution maximises its footprint across the region.
- Managing website traffic analytics and recognize trends and opportunities for growth.
Key Skills of the Social Media & Communications Officer
- Proven experience in a Digital Marketing role, working on websites and social media campaigns.
- Solid experience of analysing data and presenting reports.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including Excel.
- Experienced copywriting and proof reading skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Event management experience is a plus.
- Full UK Driving license.