SEO Manager B2C
Salary: £45-£55k dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 10 March 2017
We are recruiting for an expert SEO Manager to join this global travel group to work with 2 specific brands.
This role will play a crucial part in delivering the growth ambitions of the company strategy and will take complete ownership of formulating and executing on-page and off-page SEO and associated marketing strategies.
As SEO Manager will work collaboratively with a team of developers, product and insights managers, strategic and marketing team members. In addition you will help account and project managers to optimise digital build projects, provide on-page recommendations, create and implement linking strategies and assist content creators in improving rankings.
- Define, develop and execute an SEO strategy (on-page & off-page SEO) and work with internal teams and external 3rd party agencies to drive traffic & new customer acquisition to meet forecast
- Manage stakeholder expectations and demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical aspects of domain authority and the use of effective link-bait and outreach strategies, run on-site obstacle reports and make recommendations as to improvements that can be made to a site's rankings
- Manage SEO roadmap across technical SEO, onsite optimisation, content creation and link building, as well as run regular audits and performance reviews
- Work collaboratively with SEO-focused content marketers, in-house developers and UX professionals to deliver the roadmap
- Develop and track SEO specific KPIs to monitor performance and understand which initiatives drive revenue and influence customer behaviour, e.g. visibility, indexing and ranking
- Work closely with the website development team to implement technical and onsite SEO best practice
- Leverage and build relationships with clients, their content agencies, and external experts to improve outreach and link building activities
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of strategic and hands-on SEO, covering content, on-site, outreach and tactical SEO strategies in ultra-competitive sector (travel ideally)
- Experience of managing large SEO budgets to positive ROI and profit levels
- Demonstrable track record of developing and executing advanced outreach strategies (guest posting, link-bait, content, PR, social media) leading to noticeable improvement in organic rankings
- Strong technical SEO experience (meta tags, sitemaps, redirects, geo-targeting, domains management, hosting / DNS configuration, schema.org, etc.)
- Strong SEO content skills (copywriting, understanding the value of content for SEO, KW density, etc.)
- Tactical SEO experience (micro-sites, long-tail optimisation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of seasonality in travel calendar with understanding of how key seasonal peaks impact SEO
- Experience working to set CPA, revenue and ROI targets
- Highly numerate and interested in working with data to drive decisions
- Able to come up with new and creative approaches to achieve results
- Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision making
- Experience managing SEO strategy and execution across multiple languages OR multiple brands is desirable
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Work well as part of a team and on own initiative
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work to strict/tight deadlines under pressure
For more information about this role please contact Sophie Bryce at Better Placed. We work extensively within Retail, Travel, Tourism and Leisure industries and have worked with the likes of:
Virgin Trains; Liberty Department Store; Tui; The Gym Group; Coty; AO.com; Sofology; Matalan; Iceland; Shop Direct; HSS Hire; We Buy Any Car; The COOP; Shearings; National Express; First Transpennine Express; Riviera; Carrier; Scenic Tours Missguided; Boohoo; Footasylum; Public Desire; Pretty Little Thing
We are always looking to network with professionals from within these industries and would love to hear from you if you are looking for new opportunities.