Our client is a proudly independent and ambitious Brand Communications agency set up in London in 2001. They have grown organically in that time to open a studio in Melbourne, Australia and have worked internationally on projects in Asia, America and Europe. They specialise in the retail and leisure sectors, working with clients such as Iceland, M&S, Wickes, Pizza Express, Tesco Mobile and Freesat to deliver amazing brand experiences across multiple channels.
They are most often engaged by brands at a time of change - whether that's a fundamental shift in customer perception or a need to rationalise prior to further growth. For example they have recently helped Iceland transform customer perception of frozen food and an outdated store estate with a complete redesign of their stores, receiving unrivalled like for like sales in many stores (up to 50% up). A project they are currently receiving multiple Award nominations for.
Culture wise, they thrive upon their agility and level of collaboration. As a small independent, they believe in translating the benefits of this to their clients with hands-on Senior involvement in all projects.
They are a passionate and curious team who value simplicity and their work reflects this, aiming to solve clients' business challenges with innovative yet realistic creative solutions.
Their background is Creative and therefore Strategy as a function has been performed within the Senior Creative team to date. Due to recent new business wins and a desire to develop and grow the Agency offering they are now looking for a Senior Strategist to come on board and contribute to their exciting journey and vision.
This is a new function in the agency so whilst they are a very collaborative team, you will be the sole Strategist, reporting directly into the MD and working across all clients. So this is an opportunity best suited to a self starter looking to carve out a function and associated processes.
As a design-led business they are looking for a creative Strategist as many projects result in a creative output. Someone who can use insight and research to interrogate a brief but also form a bridge to the creative team and work alongside them informing the output with semiotic anaylsis and creative critique against strategic direction.
- Deliver informed solutions to clients based on trends, insight and academic thought
- Inform and communicate design strategy with inspirational narratives (both in document form and in person)
- Use visual semiotics and cultural codes to define and deliver on briefs
- Articulate the positioning of a brand (design and tone of voice) in the context of the competitor set and current cultural trends
- Work very closely with the creative team to form a robust response to client briefs
- Work proactively with Client Services to develop client relationships and spot opportunities for future work
- Inform client proposals and work with Client Services to accurately determine scope of work required
- Develop client presentations in a manner that not only answers the brief but provides a clear narrative to set up the creative response
- Create, develop and refine strategic tools in response to client and creative needs
- Work with Creative and Client Services team to evaluate the creative response against the brief
- Facilitate and moderate workshops
- Anticipate brand and consumer needs to deliver fresh ideas internally and externally
- Have a solid understanding of our clients' business models, strategies and the wider industry (retail experience preferred)
- Be a trusted strategic partner to the client, building excellent relationships with the clients
- Develop and present thought pieces, industry reviews and trend reports
This is a great opportunity to work with a cracking bunch of people who are at the cutting edge of their specialism.