Can you gossip and get your head around a complex deal? Do prefer hunting down an original story to writing up a press release. Can you juggle interviewing a derivatives trader in Hong Kong one minute and a European CFO the next?
Working across the capital markets you will be specialising in covering fast moving and below radar structured bond markets. Daily deal flow and deal structuring embrace all global economic themes. Any day's coverage will reflect what's going on in the credit, equities, rates, currencies, commodities and inflation markets across the US, Europe and Asia Pacific. The markets we cover are at the cutting edge of investors' efforts to profit from or protect themselves from events and trends - surging oil prices or the sovereign debt crisis for example. It's also about how banks, governments and companies finance themselves. It's an exciting and intellectually exciting world for reporters to cover. Our stories and data are frequently picked up by mainstream media such as the FT, Bloomberg and Reuters.
You will be
- Maintaining and developing daily contact with traders that yield stories and gossip.
- Hunting down and writing deal snaps, market news and trend stories sourced from traders and our analytics platform.
- Joining the dots between market trends and how products are structured.
- Writing features for our magazine series.
- Originating and hosting seminars at our conferences in Hong Kong and Miami.
- Strong writing, reporting and people skills.
- Debt market or derivative market reporting experience.
- French, German, Mandarin, Japanese language skills would be helpful but not essential.
Opportunities for international travel working in a beautiful central London location with generous benefits programme and salary - apply now!