My Client design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned datacentres across Europe and the USA and they deliver these platforms at massive scale.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled experienced Senior PHP Developer. The Senior PHP Developer role sits is one of three software development teams, working with the team's Lead Developer and Team Architect to deliver software projects to the business that meet the requirements and are on-time. As part of a small and skilled team, this Senior PHP Developer role will see you leading the software development on projects that develop full-stack systems, provide tooling for staff and provision award-winning products.
This Seniro PHP Developer role is an exciting opportunity to use your exceptional software development and architectural skills and to get involved in and deliver projects at all levels of the system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading and delivering successful software development projects
- Meeting the requirements of projects as they have been defined while working with the Product Owners
- Implementing non-functional requirements as part of overall design and delivery
- Building the latest generation of hosted products
- Building rock-solid scalable solutions across a wide range of technologies
- Designing with consideration to wider system architecture
- Performing lifecycle management activities
Skills & Expertise required:
- Highly experienced and skilled PHP Developer
- A proven track record of delivering major software development projects
- Very strong core coding skills, including OO design, Design Patterns, Clean Coding, Testing Techniques
- Modern working practices, including CI/CD workflows, Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Keen interest in emerging technologies, learning new languages and skills
- Willingness to take ownership and engineer solutions
- Languages - PHP and JS (Typescript, Jamstack / Vue)
- Experience using Git
- Experience with automated testing
What you get:
- £45,000 - £65,000 DOE
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking close to offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Free soft drinks, fruit and computer games available in our break rooms.
- Excellent coffee!
- Great social activities: summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.