The Senior Marketing Manager in the Books Library Marketing team will report directly to the Library Global Marketing Director in the Books division. Heading up the UK & Rest of World Institutional and Author Network marketing team and librarian conferences & communications, this is a key role within the books library marketing team.
This role is responsible for evolving the necessary strategies for maximising discovery, advocacy and sell-through across the full portfolio of library research products (books and digital products).
Working very closely with the Senior Marketing Manager in the US markets, this pivotal role also ensures that data insights are built out across the team to ensure key performance indicators are achieved and measured.
- Develop and help shape integrated marketing campaigns, building out customer segmentation techniques developed with the help of in-house CRM systems and business intelligence data insight reports.
- Lead the development and execution (institutional, product and thematic campaigns, which drive to web /and the digital strategy).
- Management of institutional marketers who will assist in the development and execution of the marketing plan.
- Communicate, collaborate, and share the library marketing strategy and partner with other departments and stakeholders across the business.
- Lead, manage, and develop team and individual reports line reports to deliver a high standard of performance, monitoring their implementation of the overall marketing strategy and revising targets and objectives where required to ensure business targets and objectives are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have, and be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of how to manage a large set of marketing initiatives, including dealing with team and budget management issues
- Experience managing and developing a team
- A demonstrable awareness of key commercial issues such as profitability, growth, strategy evaluation and selection, and business development.
- A proven track record of delivering customer focused integrated marketing campaigns.
- Strong market awareness with excellent customer focus.
- The ability to develop campaigns across target customer segments which maximise customer engagement and experience.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, create and implement new workflows, and manage changing priorities.
- Budget management.
Skills and Behaviours Required
- Planning - create and plan the overall strategy to ensure revenue targets are achieved through focussed marketing strategies – with comprehensive analysis and interpretation of core sales reports which inform decisions. The ability to understand customer buyer cycles and ensure that lead generation, lead conversion and retention KPIs are devised and achieved with a solid understanding on key metrics that drive strong commercial performance.
- Leadership provide clear direction and support for the marketing team, driving a high performance culture to deliver results, leading by example. Take an active approach in meetings with internal colleagues, which help contribute to deliver growth across the library reference portfolio.
- Experience – the successful candidate will have management experience. They will have exceptional communication skills, and bring a commercial and strong customer engagement understanding to the team which drives new ways in which to reach and have impact across key markets.
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, pro rata, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities in the UK please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.