Ready to lead the Marketing & Campaigns team for the Mayor of London?
The Mayor is looking for an exceptional communicator to lead marketing campaigns at City Hall, heading up a specialist team to ensure all Londoners are aware of the Mayor’s policies and programmes and know how to get involved.
You’ll work alongside the Senior Manager for Creative to deliver the new marketing and creative strategy for the Mayor. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and leading the marketing strategy.
- Delivering integrated campaigns, working closely with press and digital colleagues and the Mayor’s Office.
- Managing agencies in creative, research and media planning.
- Managing the central marketing budget.
You’ll have a track record of working on high-profile campaigns which change behaviour. You’ll be an expert in digital communications, with experience of offline marketing and engagement.
You’ll know how to lead a team through proposition building and campaign planning, and be a trusted advisor on marketing issues and trends.
You’ll work on a rewarding and diverse portfolio, from policy campaigns such as knife-crime and promotional activities like #LondonIsOpen, to major events such as New Year’s Eve Fireworks.
Working at City Hall, you’ll have a passion for London and thrive in a complex political environment. You’ll be part of a team supporting the Mayor in leading a transparent, accessible administration that represents every community.
You’ll need the following skills and experience:
- Delivering integrated communications and marketing campaigns.
- Creative marketing, policy and behaviour change; working with PR/in-house media teams.
- A digital leader on trends, social media, visual channels and email.
- Media planning, buying and evaluation.
- Using audience insight to build propositions through to development and delivery.
- A seasoned stakeholder manager, confident dealing with senior politicians.
- Leading communications planning and delivery across a complex organisation.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share. We will also consider reduced hours arrangements –(minumum 32 hours per week).
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GLA2526.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button below.
Application closing date: Friday 20 October 2017 at 23:59 GMT.
Interview date: Monday 13 November 2017.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.