Senior Insight Manager
35 hours per week
Marketing, Media & Communications Department
Located at the Royal Liver Building
Responsible to the Head of Marketing and Ticketing
Responsible for the Insight Manager, Insight Executive, Data Scientist and Data Executive.
The Senior Insight Manager will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Ticketing to deliver successful campaigns and projects across both marketing and ticketing functions. Helping to provide industry leading insight and business intelligence throughout the department and wider club.
The SIM will possess excellent analytical skills, with the ability to convert data into simple, easy to understand business recommendations, helping to support the delivery of the Clubs marketing strategy.
Ensuring that all club data systems are integrated in order to extract all relevant data to be used for analysis and reporting
Identify industry, and Club specific trends with supporting evidence to be used to increase performance and revenue. Presenting these findings to relevant Managers to support their objectives.
Leading on the supporter segmentation project both domestically and internationally.
Working across departments to provide key insights, including ongoing research and analysis support for the commercial department
- Understand the research requirements of different departments around the Club and design ad-hoc research projects to support the delivery of key business objectives.
- Oversee the regular setup, delivery and analysis of online surveys via the Club’s Fans’ Panel throughout the season.
- Design questionnaires and discussion guides, appropriately tailoring the content to the research topic and audience.
- Set up quantitative surveys, including survey routing and logic, using the Club’s online survey platform.
- Manage the day-to-day fieldwork on qualitative and quantitative projects, monitoring quotas and response rates.
- Perform data cleaning on survey data to prepare the data for analysis, removing poor quality data and coding open ended responses.
- Use data analysis software to find insights and identify key findings, using cross-tabulations and statistical techniques to uncover relationships in the data.
- Take ownership of the main club dashboard reporting system with a view to expanding its use across the club.
- Ensure that accurate predictive data is provided for all ticketing campaigns to help with the sales process.
- Deliver up to date research and analysis for the club’s international growth strategy to be effective and efficient.
- Develop written reports in Word and PowerPoint containing key findings and recommendations, using frameworks to guide action.
- Communicate conclusions and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Club via face-to-face presentations, making the recommended actions clear and easy to understand.
- Effective team management to ensure Insight service levels are maintained across the Club.
- Supporting the HOMT with presentations and data for new projects and strategy roadmap development.
- Ensuring that all data systems are working in conjunction effectively.
- Leading on projects to integrate any new data sources into the wider data pool.
Managing People & Developing Strong Working Relationships:
- To provide mentorship, guidance and coaching to direct reports.
- To be responsible for ensuring all team members are carrying out Club wide specific operational requirements.
- Set operational and / or performance objectives for the team which are clearly linked to the long-term goals of the Club and encourage development of the existing operation.
- Support the HOTM with departmental meetings and actively participate in other meetings (internal & external) as and when required.
- Conduct regular meetings with Team members to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good.
- Complete Performance Reviews for all direct reports as and when required, oversee development for all team members, identify areas for development and work closely with team members to ensure necessary performance standards are met.
- Help to develop and instil an insight-led culture throughout the organisation.
- Take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role.
- To attend staff meetings and external meetings as required.
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Insight and Research
- Responsible for maintaining qualifications pertinent to the role.
- To undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club.
- Ensuring line managed staff undertake the required CPD.
- Work with other departments and proactively recommend resolutions, which overcome operational challenges and exceed requirements.
- Advise the Senior Insight Manager of any circumstances likely to cause delay, failure or loss of delivery on quality, service, income as soon as detected.
- Encourage and promote the values of Everton Football Club and to comply with the required standards of conduct and so promote the Club within the community by acting with integrity and honesty.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a priority basis, and work meets a high degree of professionalism, quality and craftsmanship.
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve the service provision of the department.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to convert quantitative and qualitative data into strategic recommendations that are clear, actionable and easy to understand.
- Capable of working and managing projects with a strong degree of autonomy.
- Ability to use data analysis software, such as R, Q and SPSS or similar.
- Research experience across qualitative and quantative disciplines.
- Experience of all aspects of delivering research projects from concept to completion.
- Experience of different research methodologies and techniques, such as concept testing, pricing, satisfaction studies and segmentation.
- Demonstrable experience of using research to inform business decisions.
- Strong desk research and data collection skills,
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
- Experience of moderating focus groups.
- Basic understanding of data protection regulations.
- Keen interest in innovative research methodologies, such as communities, eye tracking and VR.
- Strong self-learner.
- Ability to use their own initiative.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Degree in business, statistics or social science related field.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
Take responsibility for your own development and to help realize your own potential by undertaking any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and across the Company whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment. To ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
To ensure that the working environment is free of sexual and racial harassment and intimidation and any other form of harassment constituting unacceptable behaviour which is personally offensive.
Apply now to work for one of the country's greatest football clubs.
This is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.