Senior Engagement Officer (OPDC)
Greater London Authority - Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation
£42,664 per annum
Passionate about people, communications and engagement? Experienced in the development of relationships with residents, businesses and community groups across boroughs for a sizeable and high-profile development/regeneration/infrastructure project? This exciting role will suit an individual with passion, drive and ideas to shape the OPDC Engagement Strategy and to deliver the work-programme with and for local people at Old Oak and Park Royal, West London. This post will report into the Head of Communications & Engagement.
OPDC is a Mayoral Development Corporation and the local planning authority for Old Oak and Park Royal. Working in the CEO Office within the Communications and Engagement team, you will:
- Deliver an engagement programme and activities to support the statutory public consultation of the OPDC Local Plan.
- Help OPDC understand and engage all audiences in the area including hard-to-reach groups (young, old, non-English speaking communities).
- Embed different community engagement initiatives to different audience groups.
- For approx. 2-days a week, meet and engage with local people, visit local groups, attend workshops and events (building relationships).
- Lead on audience mapping to get ‘under the skin’ of the area, its people and to understand what OPDC could do to meet the needs of individuals, stakeholders and community groups.
- Work with OPDC colleagues, strategic partners including Brent, Ealing, H&F Councils, HS2, Park Royal Business Group and OPDC developers to deliver Community Forums, Socials and other activities to communicate a clear ‘story’ and benefits for the area.
OPDC is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from candidates seeking part time work as this role is open to job share. London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels.
We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. All applications for this vacancy must be submitted via our online recruitment system. To apply and for a copy of the Job Description and Person specification, please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Application closing date: Wednesday 28 March 2018 at 23:59 GMT.
Interviews will take place at: 169 Union Street, SE1 0LL on a date to be confirmed.