The role of the Digital Designer is to undertake the design and creation of digital collateral within a variety of different creative and brand guidelines, proactively managing design quality, accuracy and consistency.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work with Lead Designer and Creative Director to develop concepts that suit client’s needs and create quality design
- Support the team in the delivery of the final presentation
- To build strong client relationships, communicating effectively and influencing stakeholders to ensure their briefs and amendments are interpreted and executed accurately, so as to proactively deliver excellent service and maintain the highest quality of design output.
- Meet with clients as required to discuss project objectives and creative solutions
- To provide design assets to the dotcom team, having an understanding of content management systems, micro-sites and intranet sites, to the client’s brief and exacting standards and within agreed timeframes, delivering excellent customer service.
- To undertake the design and export of Flash animation, to the client’s brief and exacting standards and within agreed timeframes, delivering excellent customer service.
- To undertake the design of HTML emails, and understand and use email software platforms where necessary, to the client’s brief and exacting standards and within agreed timeframes, delivering excellent customer service.
- Exceed the customer’s expectations by possessing a full and thorough understanding of usability issues, future trends and industry news across all necessary online facets, such as content management systems, web, email and social media
- Develop, test and implement ideas across a range of applications and compile material into client presentations
- Support creative development by gathering information and data through research
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure continuity of delivery within agreed timeframes and to high standards
- Ensure accurate archiving of all data and back-up of all files and assist in the preparation of the case study
- Ensure all studio processes are followed at all times by all staff, including the inputting of timely and accurate information through Oliver’s online project management software
- Mentor junior designers to facilitate their development, including but not limited to their creative and technical skill, so as to increase productivity and enhance staff morale.
- To proactively monitor the quality of design projects being produced and submitted, whether it be one’s own or a junior colleague, by seeking feedback from both internal and external stakeholders and ensuring the appropriate execution of this information.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Highly creative with the ability to produce design collateral within brand guidelines and agreed timescales.
- Strong Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Excellent digital design skills
- The aptitude and thirst to learn new software and programmes efficiently and effectively
- Ability to advise on digital solutions, use of different technologies, mediums of communication
- Experience in design/creative environment
- Ability to produce interactive PDFs
- Relevant design/creative qualification
- Relevant knowledge across production, print and digital media
- Good knowledge of digital processes to deliver quality solutions
- Awareness of emerging trends in design
- Good time management skills
- Creative flair
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships
- Confident in your own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations
- You will have gravitas and be able to work under your own initiative whilst effectively managing workloads and client timescales
- Strong communication skills and ensure that internal processes are maintained and improved
- Experience within the transport industry
- Knowledge of Adobe Animate / Adobe Premiere Pro / Adobe After Effects