Senior Data Marketing & Planning Manager (National Charity) – Central London - to £55k
Senior Data Marketing & Planning Manager is required for one of the UK's most loved charity accounts.
This role has been briefed EXCLUSIVELY to Fill Recruitment – you won’t find it advertised anywhere else.
Every day brings new challenges at this charity.
In the position you will report into the Deputy Director (Direct Marketing) in what is a pivotal role in the charity.
You will have established experience understanding the intricacies of charitable data, working across fundraising teams to optimise supporter retention, return and critically supporter satisfaction.
You will understand the impact of GDPR and the need for the highest standards of great governance, ensuring data quality controls and documentation are in place to protect the charity’s brand reputation.
The charity has invested in a new CRM system (Salesforce), and built a new data warehouse to expedite complex data selections and marketing analysis.
The data marketing team are highly skilled; it will be important you are able to lead by example and inspire staff to delivery campaign selections and meaningful insight to plan.
You will be an exceptional planner, able to work with senior stakeholders to map the demands of the Directorate and fundraising teams to deliver against fundraising goals and to drive the development of new product/audience development.
This is an incredibly exciting role for the right candidate who has the vision, expertise and energy to make a significant impact to their fundraising goals and income.
Line Management Responsibility
You will lead the data marketing team, currently split into selections and analytics, with a combination of permanent and fixed term roles.
- Embed & lead a supporter focussed culture, driving strategy to deliver the relevant services for customers (both internal teams and external suppliers)
- Contribute to charity’s five-year plan, and lead on annualised review of plans, ensuring service provision delivers against key strategic imperatives and fundraising targets
- Work across all functions to identify where customer insight can make a commercially significant impact and act upon findings.
- Develop a data strategy that drives supporter acquisition and retention and supports the objectives of the Charity
- Propose action orientated solutions to business issues leveraging the breadth of the internal data, research and knowledge available
- Work with operational, governance and legal teams to ensure appropriate legal, consistent and efficient implementation and delivery of data management meeting the highest standards
- Maximise the Charity’s return on investment in Salesforce, SAS and new data warehouse by migrating selections and generating/refreshing reports
- Support the development of the stewardship strategy suggesting and testing data strategies and cross/up-sell opportunities leading to increased lifetime value of supporters by increasing loyalty, value and the number of touch points with the Charity.
External Technical Partner Management
- To communicate and build relations with external suppliers to inform the data strategy with the aim of recruiting more loyal and therefore valuable supporters whilst also ensuring smooth service delivery.
- To ensure SLAs, against agreed scope of works are delivered on time to budget.
- Develop, grow and maintain talent by creating a high-performance culture, providing regular feedback and coaching and ensure strong succession plans are in place
Person specification requirements
- Significant knowledge and experience of working within the fundraising or marketing sectors, in a specialist data capacity
- Significant project and programme management skills and experience including leading large transformation programmes with multiple workstreams
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge of data standards and appropriate professional knowledge of best practice for data management and legal data standards
- Demonstrable ability to lead on the organisations data contact business rules which embrace the challenges represented by self-serve, auto-communication (driven through Marketing Cloud) and complex segmentation contact strategies
- Expert in analytics & data evangelist; able to quickly identify priority insight objectives to drive meaningful insight, helping to refine existing KPI and campaign reporting across different reporting platforms
- Demonstrable experience in how machine learning can be used to give a competitive advantage
- Demonstrable experience of leading partnerships with technical providers, agreeing scope of works, contracts, budget and oversight of performance against SLAs
- Excellent communicator, (both written and oral), experienced in conveying strategy and annualised project planning to senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of market research techniques and business intelligence tools
- A demonstrable understanding of effective people management
- Experience working with a public fundraising charity
Exposure to the following tools is highly desirable:
- Salesforce CRM
- Salesforce Einstein Analytics (Apache Pig)
- Qlik Sense
- MS SQL Server
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Enterprise Miner
Salary & Benefits
The salary is up to £55k. Additional benefits include 30 days holiday; early Friday finishes and much, much more!
If this role is not what you’re looking for, then don’t worry. At Fill Recruitment we specialise in all agency positions. We are currently recruiting for account handlers at Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director, Senior Account Director and Group Account Director Levels.
If you would like to find out more please visit our website: www.fillrecruitment.com