Are you a Senior Corporate Communications Manager, with an excellent record of engaging external stakeholders in local Government and councils?
EMR are working with a FTSE 10 FMCG company to recruit a Senior Communications Manager in London who can come in and breakdown resistance in the public sector as the organisation expands its operation into the vaping market.
This is an exciting time to join a company rapidly growing its vaping product range, and you will be given the opportunity and freedom to use innovative approaches - within regulatory limits of course.
You will be required to work with local councillors and officials, national, regional and local media, to counter the public sector nervousness of dealing with a tobacco company despite the products being Potentially Reduced Risk.
If you are up for the challenge, your main responsibilities will include:
- Devise and implement corporate, B2B and local Government/Council media engagement plans in the UK to generate organic media coverage and support the company's expansion into the vaping market.
- Provide ad-hoc support for engagement with other external stakeholders such as politicians and NGOs.
- Work closely with central group communications teams regarding national and regional media campaigns and take the lead establishing and managing relationships with key journalists.
- Promote media relations internally, and provide strategic and tactical communications counsel to senior leadership team.
- Produce excellent copy including: press releases, articles, thoughts leadership pieces and other materials.
- React quickly to journalists' enquiries, providing comment where necessary and keep stakeholders abreast of developments.
- Use digital channels, including social media, to support media relations and stakeholder engagement activity.
Your key skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience of executing media relations and stakeholder engagement plans at a national, regional and local level, with an emphasis on local Government and councils.
- Experience within tobacco, or another industry with a track record of media relations and stakeholder engagement challenges such as Oil & Gas, Energy, Pharmaceutical etc.
- Excellent ability to provide communications counsel to senior leaders.
- Proven ability to work at pace, and react quickly to journalists questions.
- A creative mind, willing to think outside of the box to get results.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply now!