£27,000 - £30,000
A globally recognised fashion house with a chain of high-end department stores in the UK are now seeking a Mid-Senior Copywriter to come on board.
As a Mid-Senior Copywriter, you will be producing engaging, creative and informative product copy, within the fashion space.
You will be required to work independently at a fast pace, writing compelling product descriptions. You will manage your own workload, juggling researching brands/products with writing and uploading copy to meet strict deadlines while liaising daily with multiple teams on product workflow.
- Write between 40-100 product descriptions a day across all departments
- Produce engaging, informative and accurate copy in line with tone of voice and house style guides.
- Conduct thorough brand and product research to inform your copy whilst working independently.
- Edit, sub-edit and proof-read your own work and freelance/junior copywriters as required and respond to ad hoc copy requests/queries from across the business
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the content team to continuously optimise and improve product copy, always aiming to inform but also surprise, amaze and amuse customers with creative and original product descriptions
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a copywriting/journalism/content role (ideally fashion/lifestyle writing experience)
- Experience in an ecommerce/fashion environment
- Experience with content management systems
- Educated to degree level in a related subject (e.g. English/Fashion/Media)
- An accomplished writer with genuine passion and enthusiasm for the English language and impeccable grammar
- Highly organised with excellent time management and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive working as a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently at pace to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines
- Experience with proof-reading and sub-editing