At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our Ewloe, London and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. We offer competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Join the Community and Social Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work.
The Community and Social team is at the heart of our user engagement. The forum has around 1.5m active members and provides a unique place for members to share tips, ideas and support. It is an excellent resource and story source for the wider editorial team, and is used by charities and others to communicate with key audiences.
Our social reach is growing daily. It is an increasingly influential way for us to reach people and to engage with them. Multi-channel delivery is vital to our future, and maintaining our growth, while developing new ways to engage on social is vital to our future.
Why Our Role?
The Senior Community and Social Executive is responsible for helping develop and deliver the digital strategy to drive the acquisition of new users as well as increase engagement levels with the various MSE online communities. They are accountable for the performance analysis of the Online Community sections of the MSE site and the Forum. The role is focused on supporting the Editor, Deals and Social with data and content to maintain and continuously improve content on social and the forum. You’ll also work with the editorial team to ensure new stories are properly targeted and told, and content ideas from the forum and social communities are brought to their attention.
What will you be doing?
- Support Editor, Deals and social with development and enactment of social and community strategy consistent with attracting new audiences and maintaining relevance of MSE
- Help Editor, Deals and social to unify customer communications across all key touch points (onsite, online, social, mobile, etc.)
- Community management across a range of social media platforms
- Support development of the Community sections of the site, and assist editor with a user communication plan.
- Reporting and analysis of digital acquisition activities focussing on core KPI’s per channel including but not limited to likes, follows, visits, conversion rate, clicks
- Knowledge of market leading tools to help social analysis and response
- Supporting the forum exec with the management of non staff Forum guides to ensure a consistent and positive user experience across the Online Communities in line with the wider MSE site.
- Coordinating the responsive activity of our highly popular social profiles.
- Overseeing large volumes of social enquiries, responding to these directly or escalating these to the wider editorial team to gather appropriate responses.
- Work as part of a social and communities team monitoring our community and beyond to spot emerging trends and popular discussions to develop and enhance social and main site content.
- Drafting copy for social posts, responses, announcements, editorial and community content for the weekly email e.g. ‘the funny’, discussion of the week etc.
- Work with team to moderate community comments and remove content which is offensive, abusive, defamatory or spam.
- Ensure appropriate warnings and key messages are included where needed to all social and community copy.
- Direct community members to relevant site content: guides and tools, to boost traffic from social.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Good copywriting and multimedia content use for social
- Detailed understanding of core analytical tools such as buffer, facebook and twitter for business, buzzsumo, GA and others
- Detailed knowledge of the social landscape and future developments
- Deep understanding of how social content works and is shared
- Good people skills
- Excellent written/spoken English
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience of responding to social queries from users
- Experience of forums or similar
- Journalistic/content creation background
Nice to have:
- Good contacts at key social companies
- Creative mind with knowledge of photoshop and other social tools
- Understanding of a digital first organisation
- Experience of working with product and editorial teams
- Experience of Zendesk or similar
- Paid media knowledge
- Experience overseeing the social activity of a high profile brand