Senior Business Designer
Our client is a leading design consultancy. Their advanced techniques help clients to transform their business by identifying and designing new markets, products and services.
They have an opening for a Senior Business Designer to lead strategy focused project streams and pitches. Business design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists and creative thinkers on their design team establish people-centric business strategies for their clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational and organizational level. As a Business Designer, you will support business design activities throughout engagements at the project level.
As a team, they:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help their clients build their future, from measurement and key performance indicator models through to organizational impact and strategic road mapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a business designer, you:
- Support business design activities including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering and creative brainstorms.
- Research materials from a wide variety of client materials, interviews external sources, analytics and data sources. to build a business background viewpoint.
- Synthesize materials and construct meaningful stories to ground the design work in the client’s context.
- Build a network of colleagues and regularly share progress and insights, learning from each other.
Some key tasks and responsibilities:-
- Drive the understanding of the projects with all interested parties
- Assess the market (competitor and target segment) and provide market insights
- Analyze technology and consumer trends
- Assess the client business and build the business drivers for the project
- Analyze, evaluate and build the opportunity model for the service to be created
- Build and develop the positioning and value proposition for the service to be created
- Build and develop the business and organisational model
- Contribute to the creation of service roadmaps
- Coordinate market-sizing activities to provide rationale to design recommendations
- Articulate digital strategies for clients, explaining how technology could support them with their strategic intent
- Prepare business cases that define the Return on Investment (ROI) or Return on Objective (ROO) for service concepts
- Own the storyline and content creation for strategy-focused pitch and new business presentations
- Lead and manage strategy-heavy pitch projects, particularly those focusing on strategy formulation or proposition design/development
- 7+ years relevant industry experience (business design, design strategy, business or IT consulting)
- Experienced in change management, operational improvement, organization design and/or digital strategy
- Experienced in business development from lead generation, proposal writing and proposal delivery
- Experienced in managing complicated stakeholder relationships within client organisations
- Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary design teams
- Able to design and facilitate workshops with executive-level clients
- Analytical and creative
- Commercially aware and able to present comprehensive and compelling business cases for clients to release budget
- Able to clearly present strategies with a compelling narrative for diverse audiences
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Careful attention to detail
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about design approaches solving business problems
This is a terrific opportunity to forge a successful career in an industry leading consultancy that is at the very forefront of customer centered design.