Senior Audience Intelligence Analyst / Senior Behavioural Scientist
We are seeking inquiring, passionate and proactive behavioural scientists with experience in government, advertising or applied research. People who care about changing things, not just talking about it. People who want to make a difference.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and demanding environment on both commercial and public-sector clients, this is the role for you. Working with the team, you will conduct world-class audience analysis to help prevent the radicalisation of vulnerable individuals. Additionally, you will build intra-community dialogue, position brands, and launch new products and services.
Verbalisation and its sister company, Global Influence, are strategic communications companies. They marry science and creativity to build empathy – shaping communications interventions using emotionally-resonant language.
At the core of our business is science-driven behavioural insight. We offer the rare opportunity to apply psychological knowledge to meaningful subjects across community, political and commercial spheres.
- Conduct high quality research and analysis (including qual and quant, primary and secondary research) to support both Verbalisation and Global Influence – in the UK and abroad
- Play an anchor role in the development, management and scaling of the Rapid Audience Insights Diagnostic (RAID®) – the core Verbalisation Intellectual Property – including updating the literature on current thinking in the field of social science
- Support the senior consultant team in developing strategic analyses and initiatives, both for clients and internally, including writing reports and delivering client-facing presentations
- Line manage or deputy line manage a team of analysts, ensuring that outputs and recommendations remain true to our high standards, and that the science is robust and will withstand scrutiny
- Manage the development of the newly automated RAID® research tool, drawing on expert research or psychological understanding as necessary
- Act as a training resource to the wider Verbalisation team
- Promote the key role of behavioural science in both marketing and insights for government, NGO and private sector clients
Essential skills for this role:
- Relevant social science degree – Linguistic, Social or Cognitive Psychology; Sociology; Anthropology; Behaviour Change; etc.
- Experience in qualitative analysis, drawing on a range of sources
- Desk-based research skills, including social listening and familiarity with social media analytics (experience of using Meltwater or Crimson Hexagon desirable)
- Quantitative analysis skills, including proficiency with Excel data analysis and statistics
- Applied research skills in private or public sector
Competencies for this role:
- Technical – be skilled in analysis, including proficiency in various software / platforms as required
- Leading edge – be able to determine applicability of latest thinking to client and business needs. Capable of challenging existing thinking to support rigorous application of methodologies across businesses
- Resilience – enjoy preparing and leading analysis at the highest level in a fast-moving, flexible and demanding environment
- Affability – have gravitas, maturity and dependability, with a professional, hard-working and personable attitude. Able to articulate personal view and to confidently brief an audience, both internally and externally
- Collaboration – be able to collaborate across teams at Verbalisation and Global Influence. Understand that this collaboration is in the DNA of both companies
- Curiosity – create opportunities for continuous learning and development in the company
- Languages – additional languages a bonus
Reports to: Operations Director
Liaises with: Senior Account Heads.
Application deadline: 9 March 2018
Location: Whitehall, London, UK.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please contact Verbalisation by clicking on the 'Apply' button and sending them your CV and cover letter