Senior Adviser, Timber Sales
• Location: Flexible within Wales
• Grade & Salary: 6 - £33,424 - £36,559
• Post number: 201731
• Type of contract: Permanent
• Work pattern: 37 hours
National Resources Wales are seeking a senior adviser for timber sales and it's open to marketers.
- Civil Service pension
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years,
- Flexible working options
- Occupational health including counselling, advisory services, eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
- Provide specialist commercial advice as the ‘Timber Sales Expert’ to Timber Sales staff based on interpretation of the regulations and rules, case law and precedents.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Team Leader to develop and deliver the NRW Enterprise Plan and deliver best practice in Timber Sales and contract management across NRW.
- Coordinate develop, deliver and enable the implementation of processes and tools to support the efficient and integrated progression of business within a robust, flexible and EU-compliant Timber Sales and commercial governance framework.
- Contribute to the development of NRW corporate policy and governance and monitor and advise on effective implementation in the business.
- Responsible for ensuring commercial guidance, policies and templates meet EU, UK, WG and NRW requirements through interpretation of highly complex and detailed documentation taking a risk-based approach and rolling these out across the team and the wider organisation.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Desirable -
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership or nearing completion) Chartered Institute of Marketing (Full Membership or nearing completion), or acceptable alternative.
- A willingness to study is essential
- Demonstrable experience of input into a commercial function at a senior level in a diverse public or private sector organisation.
- Expert understanding of procurement / commercial concepts, governance and techniques, to practitioner level, and maintenance of this through a wide range of interests and peer group interaction.
- Astute customer focus, ensuring that customer needs are balanced with the requirements of the NRW commercial governance framework.
- Substantial experience as a practitioner in the application of commercial knowledge and the specific requirements of the post.
- Evidence of supporting commercial audit-based activities.
- Transferrable experience of delivering business objectives, preferably those involving sustainable development and/or commercial.
- Experience of working within a governance framework.
Closing date: 11th October 2019
Interviews to take place when/where: Week commencing 21st October 2019 (Location TBC)
Please note, you must have the right to work in the UK in order to be eligible for this position