Job purpose summary
The Senior Account Manager will be the day-‐to-‐day driving force on one of the agency’s most innovative and exciting accounts. The SAM will be responsible for managing the smooth running of the account, working closely with the dedicated creative studio and the wider AYS team.
The SAM will be expected to split their working time between AYS and client offices, spending a minimum of 3 days a week in Putney.
The SAM will be the daily point of contact for their projects, working closely with various parts of the business to drive the strategic, creative and production output, ensuring that there is an agreed brief and ultimately the supply of all deliverables within budget and on time to the high creative level that we pride ourselves on.
As part of being the client’s lead creative agency, the SAM will be expected to develop strong working relationships with other agency partners (PR, media and digital), to encourage alignment on the overall strategic direction of the account.
An understanding of the digital, experiential, social and cultural space is key. What unites our team is the deep understanding of the audience’s fresh thinking, creativity and knowing what makes them tick– whether that’s an interest in food, music, art & design or fashion. We are seeking a talented individual to join our team to help in driving the brand to the forefront of Youth Culture.
The type of work and outputs are varied– you could be overseeing a reactive social post for the next menu item, putting forward the next cover star for the bi-‐monthly magazine, advising on the latest tech innovation, selling in new episodic format or researching the latest cultural movements inexperiential and immersive events.
The SAM will report into the Group Account Director on a daily basis but ultimately into the Head of Client Services.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Excellent communications skills to confidently liaise with all levels including senior stakeholders
- Team player with the skills to motivate the team, think on your feet and find solutions
- Strong attention to detail and a passion toensure quality control especially when under pressure
- Confident in time and cost estimating of projects
- Experience working with and managing 3rd parties
- The ability to manage and organise multiple workflows -‐ to ensure maximum productivity
Facilitation of project set up + reporting
- Managing and documenting the process for new projects
- Decision maker of where and howwork is funneled through AYS and the wider agency
- Working with the wider agency teams tofacilitate a clearly defined process, kick-‐off meetings and project lead across all projects
- Owning status reports and meetings. Ensuring that you have up-‐to-‐date knowledge of all finance and work statuses across all projects managing
Workflow and Resourcing
- Managing workflow and ensuring that the AYS and onsite teams have all required resources and equipment.
- Working with the creative leads to build the right team with all skill requirements.
- Work with the team to on-‐board any new team members.
- Ensuring all team members adhere to processes and guidelines.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- 3 years working in an agency or creative environment.
- A passion for culture, be that in art, music, fashion or food
- Knowledge of Traffic Live would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of the video production, editorial and print.
- Experience and knowledge of delivering work across platforms e.g. digital display, website and video.
- Experience in prioritizing and effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously