There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail CAD Designer to join one of the nations most trusted and recognisable brands.
As one of the country's most trusted brands, the company has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 350 years and is the UK's largest retail network, currently with over 11,500 retail branches nationwide. The company now seeks to redesign an ever growing number of retail points of sale for existing branches as well as the design of new branches.
As this is a new role and the scheduling of new and refit branches varies, they are looking for an individual who is a keen team player, flexible and able to support the wider branch design team with other projects, with a flexibility to travel if necessary. It is essential to have experience in using AutoCAD/3D rendering and ideally have experience or knowledge of InDesign. Understanding of the retail sector would be preferable with experience of designing for retail environments seen as a large benefit. You must be able to work in a faced paced environment with likeminded people but must be able to work under own initiative taking projects from start to finish.
- Production of detailed and accurate drawings using CAD, including 2D and 3D renderings
- Use design blueprint to design new signage to meet the needs of customers
- Liaise with retailers, property team, project managers and the branch design team
- Attend site visits as and when required, including carrying out site surveys to establish basic dimensions
- To support the branch design team, taking on additional projects as required
- Update design guide and manuals using InDesign
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of using AutoCAD/3D rendering
- Ability to carry out site surveys and travel when required
- Ability to design innovative, cost effective store interiors that customers will find engaging and enjoyable to shop
- Experience of creating designs for retail environments or similar
- An understanding of merchandising solutions and shop fitting would be beneficial
- Good understanding of all manufacturing processes and material types across the design process
- Have knowledge of UK building regulations (beneficial but not essential)
- Customer-first, insight led design
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team and cross functionally with other teams to ensure project success
- Strong organisational skills with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail