A leading telecommunications organisation are seeking a Senior Analyst/Research Manager with a very strong experience in a research based position to lead on the delivery and production of research reports on a 6 month contract, based in the global company's modern HQ in central London.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for strengthening the content leadership and increasing influence through developing progressive research on the key trends of the business, to understand and predict disruptive trends. There will be a degree of quantitative analysis in all research projects including market sizing, understanding growth outlook and drivers from the company's data sets, consumer survey data and desk research. The company is deepening their research in a range of emerging technologies such as AI, blockchain, immersive reality and platform economy.
As the Senior Analyst/Research Manager, you will take a leadership role on individual reports, managing the process end-to-end at high quality, including scoping, drafting, messaging, and interaction with internal and external clients. You will actively engage with key members of the team to drive synergies and collaboration and will support commercial meetings with existing and prospective clients.
The ideal person would be interested in developing cutting-edge research, keen to be a thought leader in the space and will be a persuasive writer and communicator; someone who is not afraid to challenge established thinking with new insights and will have a strong background within a similar research based role in a large media company.
Experience & Skills
- Proven experience in media/telecoms research, and have established a strong track record of producing thought leading reports in this space
- Familiarity with major trends in fixed infrastructure and the varying commercial strategies as part of the broader telecom-media convergence phenomenon is essential
- Experience from an analyst house, consultancy, financial services firm (equity research) or an industry player in the telecoms, cable or content sector
- A considerable level of self-discipline and self-management. It also demands someone willing and able to excel in a team environment that is agile
- Confidence, resilience and authority to communicate with and advise c-level management
- Good presentation skills, confidence to stand up and present
- Ability to influence stakeholders and grow external awareness of products in specialist area
- Willingness to work with results oriented team environment where priorities can change
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail and a proactive attitude
NB: This position can be taken as a 6 month FTC at £51k pro rata or on a day rate up to £270 (inside IR35).
If you think you would be a perfect fit for this position, please send me your most recent version of your CV to email@example.com.