Are you a creative and driven individual looking to develop your career and make a difference?
Cancer Research UK’s is the largest funder of cancer research in Europe, supporting 4,000 researchers, doctors and nurses in 90 different institutions across the UK and internationally. In 2016/17 our spend on research activity totalled more than £380m.
It is the role of the Research Brand and Communications team to engage with the world’s greatest scientific minds – informing, facilitating and inspiring them to join us to beat cancer sooner. In recent years we have begun to develop a bold and dynamic approach to how we communicate with our research community and industry partners. With ever-increasing ambition in this area, this is a great opportunity for a confident and self-motivated Research Communications and Marketing Manager to…
- Raise CRUK’s profile with academic and industry research audiences by delivering an engaging programme of communication and marketing activities
- Work with our researcher-facing teams to plan and deliver targeted multi-channel marketing campaigns to support priority activities including key announcements, events and funding schemes
- Gather insight from academic and industry research audiences to shape your communication and marketing activities
- Manage agencies and freelancers to deliver high quality creative work that is relevant and compelling to our research audience
- Be a champion for evaluation, sharing best practice and innovation
Beating cancer is a real challenge. Here at Cancer Research UK we have 3,500 talented people who are passionate about achieving this vision and thrive in our complex, diverse and dynamic environment.
We need a Research Communications and Marketing Manager who is passionate about science and has a strong interest in working with our research community, to deliver creative and effective marketing campaigns to help deliver our communications strategy.
You can help us save millions of lives through your...
- Strong scientific interest and understanding of a researcher audience
- Experience of delivering communication and marketing strategies; preferably in the research sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to find creative and credible ways to engage and inspire a researcher audience
- Experience of building strong, productive relationships with diverse audiences including researchers and senior management
- Strong analytical skills and experience of evaluating communication and marketing activities
- Strong organisational skills and your ability to work with a high level of autonomy
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. This means you’ll be a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running and thrive in a complex environment. If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer – together.
Closing Date: 9th October 2017
Interview Dates: W/C 16th October
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Angel, to a new office space in Stratford close to the Olympic Park.