The University of St Andrews Admissions unit comprises around forty staff working in dedicated teams to provide efficient and effective marketing, recruitment, admissions, access and widening participation services to prospective students from the United Kingdom, the European Union, and countries and territories all around the world.
We are growing our student body and want them to come from a wider range of places and backgrounds than ever before. To help us do this we are looking for a passionate, ambitious marketer who will help take our marketing to the next level. Can you help us discover the next generation of exceptional students?
Full details and application
This is a role for someone who is passionate about developing and delivering exceptional data-driven campaigns, driving improvements in our abilities to personalise our marketing, and can help manage and enhance our marketing and CRM capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our Recruitment Marketing team in Admissions to help us target the best and brightest students from all over the world and admit them to St Andrews.
This is a role for someone who wants to make a big impact on the way we work and the results we produce. It will suit an ambitious marketer who can both lead projects and provide expert guidance on others.
As part of our small and agile team, you will be involved in all aspects of marketing across admissions and student recruitment, with a large focus on delivering targeted campaigns to increase application numbers from target demographics and uptake of offers. This role will have responsibility for managing campaign and day-to-day communication using our CRM system.
• Manage our CRM system day-to-day (including running campaigns, making the most of lead data and reporting on impact) and help plan and implement future capabilities.
• Lead on enhancing user journeys within our marketing.
• Work closely with our regional managers to drive change and make the best use of recruitment data to create meaningful, targeted campaigns.
• Work with colleagues across the University on coordinating information and communications to prospective students and offer holders.
• Provide expert marketing knowledge to the wider Admissions team to direct strategic and region-specific planning.
Why you will love it:
• You will take responsibility for campaigns from the beginning.
• You will work in a role (and in a team) that you can really help drive and develop.
• Our work covers the whole world - you will work with audiences from around the globe.
• You will see the impact of your work and the students we admit, literally, as you walk around the University.
• You will play a big role as we look to increase our marketing capabilities.
• You will be part of a team of hard-working professionals who care about the people we talk to.
• There are options for line management and travel depending on your skills (and if it is something you would want).
We are looking for a marketer who:
• has substantial marketing experience (it is not essential for it to be in the education sector).
• has extensive experience using CRM/marketing systems and using them to their full potential.
• has an understanding of, and experience using, large amounts of data to create effective campaigns.
• is ambitious, with a keen eye for campaign performance.
• enjoys working across a range of projects and audiences.
• takes an audience-first approach in all the work they do.
• loves to take on new challenges and innovate, bringing the wider team along with them.
Further information and informal enquiries may be directed to Craig Cockburn, Assistant Director of Admissions (Recruitment Marketing), email: email@example.com, Tel: 01334 463326.
The University is committed to equality for all, demonstrated through our working on diversity awards (ECU Athena SWAN/Race Charters; Carer Positive; LGBT Charter; and Stonewall). More details can be found at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/diversityawards/.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by the UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Further information can be found at https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/policy/immigration/.
Full details and application
Closing Date: 15 July 2020 Interview Date: 27 July 2020
Please quote ref: AD2312SB
Start Date: As soon as possible
Fixed Term: 2 years