The Company: A small online retailer of military uniform and equipment with plans to grow the business further over the next few years. With well-established connections across the military services, they are becoming much more consumer-facing through ecommerce.
The Role: This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager/Buyer who has previously worked for an online retailer. The role offers the right candidate the chance to really shape and develop the role and over the longer term, will be responsible for managing a small purchasing team.
- Daily/weekly analysis of sales and demand to ensure products are always in stock
- Range reviews and NPD/NPI
- Liaise with manufacturers in Far East and travel annually to ensure QA is adhered to
- Regularly liaise with UK suppliers and ensure that all orders are delivered on time
- Source new suppliers and new products as needed and manage all negotiation on price
- Monitor stock levels, manage price and margin to ensure strong profitability
- Responsibility for purchasing budget
- Manage supply-chain and logistics as required
- Attend trade fair abroad and in UK to source new products and suppliers
- Manage product and customer feedback
The Candidate: You must have worked for an online business in a purchasing/buying role and fully understand the entire purchasing process from sales analysis and forecasting through to product development, buying, supply-chain and dispatch. As this is a small business, you must be comfortable working autonomously and with stakeholders at all levels as you will regularly be working closely with the MD and FD. Highly commercial, you will be able to work in a reactive environment where purchasing may be needed daily as well as then looking at the longer term and historic data to help inform a purchasing process and begin to establish structure. This business has approx. 8000 SKU's that range hugely in price and volume so a commercial understanding of how purchasing at different levels affects cash-flow and profit is essential.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the above experience, have strong communication and negotiation skills, be able to challenge and push back when needed and be excited about the challenge and opportunity that a role like this presents. Ideally you will have CIPS or a similar qualification relevant to the role.
As well as a salary of £30,000 - £40,000, the benefits which accompany the role are as follows; 25 days' holiday plus BH, pension, flexible working opportunities
This Purchasing Manager/Buyer role is commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Leamington Spa, Stratford on Avon, Warwick
Purchasing Manager/Buyer, Birmingham, £30,000 - £35,000