Based within the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage all activity related to Product Graphics Materials, focusing specifically on New Product Development.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, Artwork Studio, Packaging Design, Manufacturing Support functions, and will play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving productivity and quality through all aspects of production. You will ensure that all graphic and packaging elements of the project are delivered on time, to agreed spec and within budget.
The role reports to the Graphics and Packaging Programme Lead and concentrates on planning and managing projects, identifying and securing resource required, managing timings, mitigating risks, managing artwork approvals and being in control of day-to-day priorities.
Ensure that all those participating within the project are given direction on what they need to do and when. Work closely with your project team and other stakeholders, sharing information, giving accurate and regular project status updates and ensuring you get the necessary support and commitment to meet short-term and long-term project goals.
The role forms the link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Launch Management, Print Production and Manufacturing teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Planning, project management and communication. When new projects come in, challenge them with your team. Ask questions, get involved, explore opportunities and think about how to tackle the challenge. Pro-actively brief, encourage and motivate the project team to take on the task in hand.
- Organise the construction of a schedule supporting the project, ensuring that Graphics and Packaging, Marketing/Commercial, Creative Services and Engineering milestones are aligned. Define different timelines for each individual element identified within the project.
- Set the goals and drivers from a production perspective. Establish Engineering, Marketing/Commercial and Creative milestones that need to be hit and drive the project team to meet deadlines, ensuring robust schedules are in place.
- Use Censhare, an asset/project management system to ensure that projects are briefed, created, managed and approved to correct process. This role is responsible for ensuring all Graphics projects follow company processes driven by other departments within this business. This includes Engineering, Legal and IP processes. Chase projects through the approval process proactively where required.
- Work with Graphics and Packaging Senior PM and Programme Lead, RDD Engineering, Packaging, Brief-writing and Creative teams to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and on budget to the original Bill Of Materials specification.
- Make sure that each artwork item is checked for content and suitability. Proof-read copy, ensure that any changes to copy assets are clearly marked and briefed to Copy team. Ensure that print specs, graphics assets and mark-ups are clearly briefed to the artwork studio at the right time. Check all changes have been made in studio on artworks and that they are set up correctly in the first place.
- Experience of working in a busy artwork production environment.
- Experience of driving a team of people to deliver to defined and agreed project schedules.
- Knowledge of a variety of print production processes.
- Good understanding of new product development and engineering/manufacturing processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule.
- Innovator - always looking for new, smarter and leaner ways of working.
- Analytical - good problem solver, aims to understand the root cause of the problem, thinks of solutions other haven’t thought of.
- Collaborator - gets the best out of all resources involved in projects. Able to build strong relationships within the team, the department and across the business.
- Driver and completer - constantly reviews progress, flags potential risks early and finds ways to remove obstacles.
- Quality champion - aims for perfection and knows what details contribute to it.
- Leader - knows how to motivate and improve productivity.
- Communicator – able to tailor communication to the right audience, share the right information with the right people at the right time, be clear and concise.
Please press apply now