Product Manager - SaaS
£55k - £65k per annum
City of London
My client is a vibrant and rewarding business in the area of online employee benefits and employee engagement software. Their award-winning team are looking for a successful Product Manager to join their innovative software business.
The culture of this business is fun and energetic and they are a closely-knit team with the prestige of a global market leader.
About the role:
- Leading projects and initiatives to reach desired goals/outcomes across engineering, wider business, partners and clients.
- Drawing up and executing against plans with key stakeholders.
- Driving cross-functional teams to implement and execute plans whilst maintaining timely communication with all stakeholders.
- Identifying and managing risk, noticing early signs of failure and responding appropriately.
- Identifying new product and market opportunities, including but not limited to opportunities with third party providers.
- Leading on significant product change projects across the business, partners and clients.
- Understanding internal and client requirements for all products and services through working effectively with sales, marketing, client services, client projects and technology.
- Establishing a product road map and aligning direction with company priorities.
- Using agile software methodologies to define prioritisation of product requirements.
- Owning the commercial relationship with third party providers, as appropriate.
- Ensuring that products meet quality, cost, feature and delivery requirements at introduction and throughout the product life-cycle, constantly evaluating and adapting the offering.
- Working with the engineering team through agile software development methodologies for planning, requirements discussions and product development meetings.
- Regular interfacing with operations team and external partners to define and deliver service enhancements to drive increased client satisfaction and profitability.
- Engaging directly with clients and partners to manage input to and output of product changes
- Owning the product launch strategy across the organisation, including working with marketing and sales providers as needed.
- Being the most reliable source of product knowledge, providing a one stop shop for users in both an internal and an external facing capacity.
- Overseeing the creation of collateral, pre-sales, material, product documentation, marketing initiatives and training activities.
- Increasing product take-up, client loyalty and revenue as a result of product success.
- You are an experienced product manager, with exposure to working within a B2B SaaS, IaaS or enterprise solutions business (3+ years' experience).
- You have solid experience in engaging with and presenting to clients on a regular basis.
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail, with well-developed business acumen.
- You are experienced in working within an agile software environment and with software engineering teams.
- You have proven experience in planning, organising and managing both short and long term projects.
- You are an excellent communicator with a desire to work across a number of cross-functional teams, plus clients and partners.
- A good understanding of all disciplines in the wider technology team and a sufficient understanding of technical language.
- You have a commercial outlook and understanding of what makes profitable propositions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - MA/MBA/MSc
- Knowledge of flexible benefits of HCM software platforms is desirable.