The Company: A well-known travel and leisure brand based in Oxfordshire with continued aggressive growth plans are currently looking for a Press Officer to join their award-winning PR team.
The Role: Working closely with the PR Manager, this opportunity is really exciting and will enable the successful candidate to broaden their experience within a household brand and be part of a very busy and pro-active press office that is highly regarded within the media arena. Raising awareness, promoting the business and assisting with new site openings, this is a very busy role that requires travel and flexibility.
- Assist with planning new site openings; site visits, desk research and multi-stakeholder liaison to create exciting launch event with media presence
- To be responsible for generating a high level of media coverage across broadcast, print and digital channels
- Confident selling stories to media contacts across consumer titles and trade press
- Create promotional offers and press releases to promote travel programme for the business
- Manage incoming press enquiries
- Crisis communications; confident to handle issues that arise and escalate to management as required. On call rota one week out of every five.
The Candidate: You will have experience in media relations which must ideally be gained in a consumer business or PR agency where you have worked on some strong consumer brands. You must be extremely confident in liaising with media contacts and be able to sell a story as well as have excellent relationship building expertise with stakeholders within the business as well as externally. In addition to this you will have strong copy-writing skills and a 'hands-on' approach when working within a team. Some events experience would be preferred and you must be happy to travel to new sites and be flexible to work over and above the standard hours as would be expected in a busy press officer position.
In recognition for hard work, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary of £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience plus 25 days holiday +BH, Pension, Life Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Health care cover, Employee Assistance Programme and friends and family discount.
This role would suit an existing Press Officer or PR Executive looking for their next challenge or a PR Account Executive/ looking to move their career in-house.
This Press Officer role is commutable from Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Press Officer, Thame, £28,000 - £35,000