The Company: National Leisure Company who expect commitment and hard work which is rewarded with flexible working when needed and excellent employee development and training opportunities.
The Role: This is a really exciting opportunity for a PR Manager with experience of managing campaigns and communications across both trade and consumer titles on a national basis. Working closely with the regional PR officers, you will lead on the delivery of all national PR activity, manage the relationships with charity partners, trade and consumer media, governing bodies and key influencers including bloggers and athletes.
- Build relationships with key media across trade and consumer press
- Researching and writing press releases, case studies, speeches
- Manage any crisis communications
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders across the business, including partnerships with athletes and other influencers
- Lead on the content of quarterly magazine
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and provide media coaching to spokespeople and advise on their social media activity
- Keep abreast of all industry trends and national news topics/public health initiatives within the sports and leisure industries to identify stories and to invite comment
- Work closely with the head of PR and regional PR officers to ensure communications are consistent
The Candidate: You will have previous experience within a PR role, either agency side or in-house. With very strong written skills and excellent verbal communication skills, you will be comfortable liaising with stakeholders of all levels and have experience of developing relationships with media contacts. Ideally with experience of both trade and consumer PR, as well as managing relationships with influencers and crisis communications. There will be travel required in the role and so you MUST have your own transport.
As well as the salary, the benefits which accompany the role are as follows; 20 days holiday + BH, free gym membership, pension, retail discount.
This PR Officer role is commutable from Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire
PR & Communications Manager - Trade and Consumer, Leicestershire, £compet