I have an outstanding opportunity for a PR & Communications Manager to join one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. This firm was created by ambitious lawyers who realised that the market was ready for something new. They are not like a typical law firm, they are unique and use technology and modern work practices to drive growth and deliver results to their clients. Supporting over 250 partners, the London office is home to a tight knit team of just 40 people providing the back-office function and with this comes a very different feel to your traditional law firm of this size with a number of social events and a young vibrant atmosphere.
You will report into the Marketing & BD Director working with a highly skilled and experienced team. This role has a split remit between attracting new lawyers to the firm from an employee engagement perspective and attracting new clients through innovative marketing campaigns. You will need the ability to think creatively and outside of the usual legal confines when necessary to excel at this firm.
Your key responsibilities:
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create press releases, articles and thought leadership reports
- Oversee and where necessary draft social media posts
- Circulate and showcase media coverage with assistance of junior team members
- Develop a client newsletter schedule and commission articles from the lawyers to feature
- Edit lawyer-written articles, where required, to bring into house style
- Manage and collate content for the quarterly internal magazine
- Draft award submissions and brand content
- Evaluate potential opportunities for advertising and partnerships on an on-going basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding a PR strategy around them.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results to Marketing Director on a quarterly basis
- Drafting new lawyer profiles
- Minimum 4 years' solid PR experience
- Track record in creating successful public relations campaigns at a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Excellent writing and editing skills, along with a strong attention to detail
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc
- Good IT skills
- Delivering results and meeting expectations
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Confident dealing with senior lawyers and other stakeholders
- Coping with pressures and pushbacks
- Flexible in nature and able to prioritise
- Keen to develop and enhance existing PR practice
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.