PR account manager – property, retail, leisure £32-37k dep on experience
Fabulous opportunity for an ambitious account manager to join this growing boutique PR agency.
The agency, based in central London in one of the most popular agency hubs, works with some impressive names in the property, retail and leisure sectors.
It was established five years ago and the directors have big PR agency experience. They’ve gained real credibility for what they do and have built a reputation for excellence, now with an outstanding portfolio of clients. As a result they’re expanding and looking to hire another PR account manager for the team.
PR account manager – the role
Due to a busy work flow and an internal promotion, the agency are looking for another bright, ambitious PR account manager to join the team. This person will have an interest in property and retail, luxury retail sectors and commercial spaces and will have hands-on PR experience in this area. You’ll have a proactive attitude, have energy and ambition and take real pride in excellent client service. You’ll be familiar with liaison in both traditional and digital media to actively promote client interests. You’ll be able to generate features and coverage for clients.
Account Management - tasks:
- Development and presentation of annual programme of work and necessary budgetary support documentation
- Constant development and updating of personal knowledge of clients’ product and internal policies
- Ensuring that expenditure is tracked and budgets monitored and managed
- Dealing with enquiries from media contacts.
- Proactively selling stories and feature ideas to media targets through face-to-face to face meetings, attendance at networking events and regular communication.
- Researching angles and writing press releases
- Online PR and social media marketing campaigns
- Management, organisation and hosting of events.
- Attendance at trade and consumer shows.
- Manning clients’ stands at exhibitions as required, providing information to visitors, trade and media and promoting the clients and their products.
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients;
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent skills in writing, editing and proof-reading
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Photoshop
- Able to work as part of a team
- Client management experience
- Passion for the industry and commercial awareness
- Creative thinking and initiative
- Interest with current affairs – especially within property and retail
- Analytical skills
- Experience within the Property and b2b industry
- Managing a team and working with direct reports (AE/ SAE) on a day to day basis
- Nurture development of AE and SAE
- Regular monthly catch ups, lead on appraisal process
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings;
- Overseeing the collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage; circulating to client
- Coordinating studio or location photography
- Overseeing databases, media lists, client contact lists, press release and coverage archives
- Overseeing and updating company credentials on a regular basis
- Overseeing website and Twitter content management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this busy, growing team and make your mark. There is every opportunity for progression in this role for the right individual with a positive and committed attitude. The agency are committed to training and development, career progression, have a generous bonus package and pension and have a reputation for being an outstanding employer.
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 25 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.