OLIVER is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer for 6 months to work on-site as part of our Unilever team in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The Motion Graphics Designer / Editor will be well versed in the creation of live action and animated projects – especially for social content. A strong understanding of creating compelling content and communicating to audiences on social platforms through video is essential.
They will have experience of working in close-knit teams alongside designers, post production talent and creatives. They’ll be just as happy creating concepts and brainstorming ideas for projects, as they are when following well-defined project plans using supplied assets.
This role will be client facing so excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential. The right candidate will be extremely passionate and highly motivated to fulfil briefs to the best of their ability.
What you will be doing:
Creating high quality, professional short form video content, working from varied creative and technical briefs.
Everyday tasks will include: designing, creating and animating 2D (and 3D) motion graphics driven projects, offline editing from supplied rushes and collaborating with onsite and offsite production teams in delivering creative and engaging content.
Crucially the role will involve working with creative, commercial, post production and editorial teams, on some of the World’s biggest and most exciting FMCG brands.
- Concepting and preparation of storyboard for motion graphic projects.
- Participate in creative sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Edit a range of live action digital video content based upon supplied rushes and assets.
- Lead animation teams onsite or when engaging external resource.
- Work with clients and creative teams alike to understand project scope and objectives.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of folder structures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
What you need:
- Should be degree educated with a qualification in film and video or related multimedia field.
- Have demonstrable video content creation experience, to an exemplary standard. At least three years proven experience working for a studio, agency or independently for clients.
- Advanced knowledge of software on Adobe Creative Cloud. In particular AE, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Have basic audio editing capabilities. You will understand audio workflows and ideally have experience of working with audio professionals.
- Embrace continual learning and be across the latest trends in filmmaking and design.
- A strong self-starter, will be confident and experienced in planning, designing and editing animated material and have an ability to effectively troubleshoot practical and technical problems associated with post production.
- Will naturally have a high attention to detail and an excellent eye for creating quality visuals. As well as being highly creative, a strong technical understanding of effective video workflows and file specifications will be required.
- Should have superb communication skills both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting and explaining in detail your ideas to internal and external clients.
- Experience with filming and with the use of prosumer camera equipment a plus.
- Experience with basic product photography a plus.
- Familiarity with 3D, 360, VR and Augmented Reality a plus.