Are you an up-and-coming midweight strategist ready to make your mark at an exciting and progressive agency? This could be the role for you!
This is a dynamic, fun agency full of ideas and innovation. Based in central London, the team are close to the thick of things and there is a definite buzz to the place. The team is friendly and sociable and the atmosphere is very conducive to independent thinking and idea generation, sharing ideas and coming up with innovative and unique strategies for clients.
This is a really exciting time to join the business. The agency is a small to medium-sized agency and now ready to grow further. With lots of development and progression, the future of the agency is looking strong, and you can be an integral part of that.
Clients range from fashion, luxury, FMCG, tech, finance B2B and B2C – you’ll be working cross-channel on multiple clients and a number of exciting campaigns.
Midweight Strategist – The Role
The team are looking for a midweight strategist to join the team, taking a leading role across a diverse mix of clients and projects. From luxury to finance to tech, there are lots of opportunities to learn and be in a client-facing role.
Reporting into the Head of Strategy, the midweight strategist will have the autonomy and support to make a real impact and make the role their own. There are lots of opportunities to get involved in from running brainstorms, to inspiring teams internally, to planning client strategies.
You will need to be confident in your ability to build relationships internally and externally, and in managing multiple projects effectively. No two days are the same, and you’ll need to be a true self-starter with the confidence and desire to take the lead. This is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to grow as a planner – there is plenty of scope to progress.
Midweight Strategist – Required Skills
- Strategic thinking: seeing the bigger picture and becoming a trusted adviser to clients; willing to challenge the brief with robust and insightful views about the most effective strategies to deliver
- Research and insight generation: able to inform the writing of compelling briefs for the social, creative and experiential teams.
- Creative briefing: developing compelling campaign and brand propositions to inspire the creative team and ignite original ideas
- Campaign planning: ability to develop holistic and channel-specific strategies that will connect brand and consumer meaningfully, and to input into their roll-out to ensure that the campaign excites, innovates and delivers.
- Analytical thinking: able to review and analyse client data and campaign performance data against strategy, objectives and KPIs, making recommendations against performance and proposing ways to optimise and improve performance
- Trusted and valued partner: able to build strong relationships with clients
- Attention to detail: to ensure the team consistently deliver high quality, well-articulated output
- Confident and persuasive presenter: capable of running and contributing to workshops, pitch presentations, key client meetings
- Insatiable curiosity: wide-ranging interest across consumers, technology, trends, brands; staying ahead of what’s happening and sharing that across the agency and through social channels and thought pieces
Midweight Strategist – Benefits
The agency is looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm. The team invest in their people and offer a generous salary and an excellent range of benefits for the right candidates.
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 28 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.