The Medical Editor will play a crucial role in ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the editorial and production processes. Reporting into the Content Director, you will have strong editorial experience and be responsible for assisting with daily management of the busy departments and ensuring operations are running smoothly.
This is a critical role for a very organised and analytical person with an interest in medical news and education. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and administrative skills and be comfortable working on multiple projects.
- Coordinate the editorial team to meet deadlines and maintain editorial standards at a high level
- Create and run multiple production schedules and publication deadlines
- Oversee all aspects of production of multiple publications: writing, copy editing, fact checking, quality assurance stages, proofreading, and creating print-ready files
- Help implement online and social media publishing plan, and track digital followership and growth
- Create print and dispatch instructions
- Troubleshoot and remedy issues related to the publishing process
Skills & Experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Organisational and multitasking skills
- Influencing skills and people management
- Ability to work well across organisational boundaries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Process and systems orientated