Are you a passionate Media Relations Officer looking for a new opportunity in a fast-growing and highly newsworthy global company? Blue Skies have the absolute pleasure of working with a high-profile organisation with a major Midlands base in this newly created role. As Media Relations Officer you will work closely with the Head of Media Relations in optimising coverage across all media and providing a successful press office service.
Key day to day tasks will include:
- Working across the group in identifying positive news stories, taking key messaging and making it attractive to the media
- Proactive generation of coverage in local, regional, trade and national media
- Responding rapidly to inbound media enquiries
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on media coverage
- Finding ways to raise the profile of the business
- Generating a range of news stories from technical to community and adapting to different media platforms
- Writing press releases and articles that are interesting and readable and that will attract the interest of journalists, ensuring key messages are communicated effectively.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent research skills and a keen interest in learning about the industry and news in general
- Strong written skills and proven experience in creating editorial content in a range of media
- Good at developing relationships and working with people across the business
- Passionate about a career in PR and a willingness to continually learn and grow
- Willingness to learn about all aspects of the business
- An ability to make ordinary things sound interesting
- Self-motivated with excellent organisation skills
This role could suit a PR Executive working inhouse looking for a new challenge, or maybe you are a Senior Account Executive or Account Manager looking to move from an agency environment to an exciting inhouse role. In reward for your hard work and dedication you will receive a competitive salary of up to £26 000 and the opportunity to join a fantastic company at a very exciting time of growth.
This role is commutable via Birmingham, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Redditch, Coventry and Wolverhampton. While this role is based in the Midlands you will be willing to travel across one of the businesses many sites and also visit the London HQ.
If this could be your perfect next step please apply or contact Michelle Mumford at Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment for more information. Please be aware that examples of content that you have created may be requested.
Media Relations Officer, West Midlands, up to £26 000