About Malaria No More UK
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history; even now, despite recent progress, it claims the life of a child every two minutes. Malaria No More UK (MNM UK) is part of a global movement that is determined to make this the generation that beats this killer. To realise this vision, we need to mobilise governments, influencers, businesses and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to ending deaths from malaria and wiping out the disease for good. We are a small but very hard working team with ambitions and objectives that reach way beyond the expected, and every member of our team contributes to winning the fight to ending malaria, saving millions of lives and eradicating the poverty that this disease causes to so many. Together, we can end it for good.
To support the Head of Communications and work with the part time Media & Communications Manager in planning and delivery of MNMUK’s media and PR strategy; talent recruitment and relationship-management; message development and “translator” role for malaria.
- To help set, define and deliver the media and PR strategy for the organisation.
- Take responsibility for media and PR reporting and management of information to allow monitoring of progress against plan.
- Oversee and deliver the media and PR strategy including relationships with media outlets and journalists, driving tactical coverage
- Develop and lead on specific communications and media partnerships
- Oversee talent recruitment, development and management
- Plan and implement relevant communications campaigns, events and “moments” in conjunction with fundraising and advocacy teams
- Input into organisational messaging and brand work which supports the fundraising and advocacy team
- Build external relationships and networking within NGO and communications sectors
- Keep abreast of trends and best practice in communications/PR and horizon scanning.
- To undertake any other reasonable additional duties as required by MNMUK.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A proven track record in media and PR
- Strong copy writing skills
- Solid understanding and previous recent working experience of developing and delivering media and PR strategies and planning successful projects for a range of audiences
- Talent management experience and track record in development and management of talent and champions
- Team player, outstanding communicator and influencer
- Demonstrable personal skills in creative, ‘outside the box’ thinking and new ideas
- Project management experience in communications (PR/media)
- Experience of cultivating and managing communications partnerships for the cause
- Experience of communications supporting advocacy objectives and campaigns in the UK and globally
- Knowledge of the global health sector and experience of navigating the variety of stakeholders within it.
- A “can do” attitude and team player with ability to think quickly, proactively and strategically.
- Practical and hands on, as well as strategic thinker with a desire for delivering communications that are driven by doing things differently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective partnership working and relationship-building.
This job description and person specification is a statement of requirements at the time of writing and is not contractual or exhaustive. It should not be seen as precluding future changes after appointment and it may be amended over time in consultation with the Executive Director
Staff benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contributions
- 28 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holiday days
- Interest-free staff season ticket loan
- Employer’s childcare voucher scheme
- Continuing personal development opportunities
- Interest free bicycle loan scheme
- Professional training & qualification subsidy
Please email your CV and Cover Letter before the closing date
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.