Feel the buzz and excitement working for one of the fastest growing online retailers in Europe. Responsible for making sure the products are profitable, their buying & merchandising team are at the centre of what they do. Get to work with some amazing suppliers / clients such as Lego, Sony, eBay and Amazon.
They’re continuously sourcing new brands and products, and offer a unique service in comparison to their competitors, so there is an urgency to ensure that these products are available on the site and to their clients as soon as possible. You will be a detail-orientated team player with intermediate MS Excel skills that enable you to help manage a product database, ensuring pricing and product updates are accurately and efficiently managed.
- Managing stock intake to meet week’s cover target and pricing strategies throughout the product lifecycle
- Market and competitor analysis to support new product and brand introductions, ranges and pricing decisions
- Accurately setting up and maintaining product and brands on internal systems and Amazon and eBay marketplaces
- Owning, maintaining and updating the product database
- Building a good understanding product costs, terms and margins
- Owning the quality management process, carrying out spot-checks and running reports to identify and rectify any pricing, product information or upload errors
- Monitoring and managing internal Product and Brand queries and addressing the root cause to minimise future queries
- Regular professional communication with the Supplier base to address any queries and acquire information for successful merchandising
- Onboarding new brands to ensure successful launch
- Conducting ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Establishing processes and workflows to create the most efficient way of working for the team
- Working closely with Marketing, logistics and E Commerce teams to drive conversion and minimise returns
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role in ecommerce. Experience of selling on online marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay a benefit.
- A degree in business, IT, economics, or a mathematics based subject is desirable.
- An analytical and logical mind with good numerical capability and experience of using a data driven approach to achieve results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Absolute attention-to-detail with strong strategic planning and organisational skills.
- Able to perform under pressure with the ability to work both own initiative and with the wider team.
- Excellent communication and capable of building strong internal and external relationships
- Must be driven and motivated to learn with a hands-on attitude to work in a fast-paced setting
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced buyer to take a position at an innovative organisation going from strength to strength. Due to the location of the company, this position is commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Sawston, Huntingdon, St Ives, Kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Soham, Corby and St neots.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.